03| scared, doll?

I couldn't even catch a breath as he took me by the hand and lead me out of the crowds that eyes never left the show, full of enthusiasm and colors in their minds.

We giggled when we accidentally step on the feet of many people who then complained loudly, but we didn't care in the least as we got faster and faster and left everything behind us.

As our laughter ceased more and more we arrived and when I saw where we were, I fell silent completely.

"James? Where the hell are we? "

I expected him to laugh at me and lead me on, but he stayed silent with a big grin on his face.

"You have to trust me now."

Big words when you stand in front of a large abandoned house that has been robbed of all of its paint and life.

I squeezed his hand tighter and he looked at me questioningly.

"Scared doll?"

He was making fun of me, his eyebrows were drawn together and he was looking at me with a slight smile.

"Who do you think I am Barnes? Of course I'm not "

"Well then. Let's go pretty lady "

He led me into the house, trying not to be afraid, I walked in full of pride and my head held high. He noticed my changed manner, but apart from a slight laugh he left it uncommented.

The wood cracked under my feet and when he showed up the stairs, I wondered how I got into such an environment with an almost complete stranger.

"James you're not going to murder me are you?"

"As Long as you're not my enemy in a battle field, you're good."

We went up the stairs together and almost at the top I felt him grab my waist.

"Stop, not yet."

He turned me around in one movement and our faces were so close together, so close that I thought we were going to kiss any second.

Still very close to my face, so close that his lips still touched my nose, we stayed.

"Now."

We went on and now I knew exactly what James liked so much about this place.

We stood on a roof from where one could see the whole city. Shimmering lights and smoke from the chimneys, fresh air and above all, silence.

"James. Wow."

He looked deep into my eyes and smiled again before turning away again.

"Im so happy, I trusted you."

"You need to do it again. Close your eyes. I've got something for you. "

"Are you going to throw me off?"

He chuckled. "Are you always that paranoid?"

I nodded and smiled as he covered my eyes. Without the sense, I tried to guess his next step.

I suddenly felt his closeness and then I was aware of it, but I couldn't consider the next step when his lips were already touching mine, slowly and gently, passionately and sensually.

We couldn't break the kiss when he pulled me closer and I buried my hand in his hair.

After a while it was over and I realized how much it felt like time had stopped. I also had to catch my breath again first.

„What the fuck, did they just fucking Kiss?!"

Darcy leaned back in her chair as she looked at the others.

"I knew they had feelings for each other, I always knew it."

She stared at the vintage television as she ate another chip.
"Does anyone want sum?"

Everyone refused except Jimmy, who buried his hand in the bag and still shook his head in shock.

"I can't believe this! Y / n and Barnes ?! "

"Yeah no shit, didn't you see them yesterday? I really don't wanna get them out of there but I guess we have to. "

Darcy reached for her phone without another word, which set everything in motion.

"Wait what are you doing?" Monica was amazed at Darcy's rapid movement and all the alarm bells were on. "We need help, clearly. And I know a person that can help. "

And with that she started dialing Sam Wilson's number