06| my girlfriend.

After breakfast, I was fed up and tired and a little annoyed when James talked me into roller skating.

"Okay good, let's go" I said, making him slightly smile.

"You won't regret it, I promise."

We were walking along the path and the wind blew really strong, making my hair messy.
James put his arm around me and made me smile. We passed a colorful shop full of guitars, pianos, and radios.

When James saw that I stopped moving, he looked at me.

"You wanna go in there?"

I nodded slightly and we entered the little shop.

When we opened the door, bells rang, but the shop seemed to be empty, not even a owner was in sight.

"I definitely need one of those new radios they got here."

I said and pointed to a radio that I turned on.
It beeped weirdly and James and I covered our ears when it suddenly started to speak.

"Okay you guys, stay calm please. This is not real. Bucky, please- "

James turned off the radio and I looked at him questioningly.

"They are playing shows on radios now, how innovative. Anyways, let's get going, shall we? "

He took my hand and led me out of the shop, I was noticing his breathing was weird.

"What's going on with you James?"

He turned to me and just smiled as he squeezed my hand tighter and went faster away from the shop.

„Im just kinda nervous today, I have something special planned you know?"

I was still confused but said nothing as we walked on and James slowly calmed down.

After a while we finally arrived when I saw a large hall that was full of life.

"Let's get going."

He led me in and we roller-skated together, which was surprisingly quite fun. When we finished we sat on a park bench and ate ice cream.

"Today went pretty well, exactly how I wanted it to" James said, smiling brightly and then kissing me, longer than usually.

When we parted, I looked into his blue eyes, in which I recognized more fear than ever before.

But what I didn't understand was why, why he was so weird all day, why he was so nervous and in such a hurry.

"James, What's wrong"

I asked, after he stared at me for too long, looking like he wanted to tell me something.

"Nothing, I'm just looking at you."

It was like an extra sense of mine to see immediately what was wrong with a person, but this time I didn't see what was going on with James. He leaned forward and held my hand as he stared at me intensely again.

"Y / n."

I looked at him, threw my head back, and let him continue to speak.

"James?"

"I think you're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen. And I wanna make you mine. My girlfriend. "

I almost choked on my spit, but put my other hand on top of our hands instead.

"Yes. Yes let's do it. Even though we don't know each other for that long. " I chuckled.

He then looked at me confused and took his hands off mine.

"We've known each other for a few months now, I wouldn't call that-"

"What?"

I was confused as it was just like two days for me. But that explained the current length of his hair. He just stared at me when I remembered it must have been months.

"Yea Right. Time is passing really fast. " I said then and he nodded in agreement.

"I don't know how, but y / n isn't as affected by the manipulation as Barnes."

Darcy looked at Sam and he slowly nodded as he sat down next to her.

"But she doesn't fully get it. At least not yet. "

Jimmy came in from the kitchen with a piece of cheesecake and a laptop in hand.

"So I've gathered all the information we have, please listen y'all."

Everyone turned to Jimmy and he kept talking.

"Wanda Maximoff created a new reality, in which she can manipulate people's minds, some people are manipulated worse than others. She puts all of that in a sitcom, one day in our reality is a few months in their reality. She changes the decades every few days. Y / n and Bucky don't remember their lives before the reality. Is that all correct? "

Everyone nodded in agreement and Jimmy grinned contentedly.

"So now we need to find a way to get Sam in there, without it manipulating his mind. And we need to do it fast."