Demiboy

"Demiboy?" said looking at Mikey. He was shaking, holding back tears.

"Really? Uh what is that exactly?" Leo asked getting up.

Mikey let out a sigh. He went over and over in his head of what he was going to say. He knew he was most likely going to have to explain it, because his gender isn't exactly commonly known.

"Well, it basically means I'm like part male, ya know? I don't feel like "whole" boy anything but I feel like I'm a fraction on a male. I'm part nonbinary which means part of me has no gender. I know it's complicated but it's who I am. There is more than one gender. There's tons! And this one seems to fit me and... and..." he started to cry a little.

"Oh. Oh little... part brother?" Donnie said walking towards him, trying to calm him down.

"I'm sorry- I'm sorry I'm not hundered percent a guy... I know it's complicated and I'm- I'm sorry, I'm sorry I'm sorry-" Mikey began to sob hard.

"Don't worry, this doesn't change anything little brother. You don't have to apologize. This won't change anything. " Leo said comfortingly. Raph brought him into a hug and everyone else joined in.

"I'm happy you told us Mikey. I really appreciate it." Donnie said, still in the hug. "Here, let's have some cake."

Between the four of them they were able to eat all but one piece. I mean what humanoid turtle doesn't like cake to calm them down?

"As I said, it doesn't change anything between us" Leo repeated.

"You have like a new name or something?" Raph asked.

He shrugged. "You can still call me Mikey, but I have been thinking of a few masculine but nonbinary names. I'm still debating on what I want to do. Sorry"

"Nah. That's okay. We'll use any name you want. Just don't make it like, inappropriate. But I really don't care! Your name could be Snail or something and I'll still use it." Raph said, everyone else in agreement.

"What about pronouns?" Leo asked.

"Can we still call you like bro and dude?" Donnie asked also.

"I really don't care what pronouns you use, but I would prefer if you use like he/they so like use a mix of both pronouns? Do you know how to use they/them pronouns?" They asked.

"Yeah, at least I do. Like, they are going to the store. I found their T-Phone I will return it to them. Not that difficult, but I'm sure we'll slip up sometimes but we'll try our best." Donnie assured.

He shrugged, "that's okay. Thanks for accepting me. And sorry for being a baby earlier."

"Nah, it's no big deal. This is a big deal for you, it's understandable." Leo assured.

Donnie began to speak, "And we're not going to be like those idiot's who don't have basic listening skills and doesn't think they/them pronouns are a thing. I mean they're used to refer to a single person for a long time and even defined so in some dictionaries and-"

"Yeah, yeah thanks for boring us to death Donnie" Raph interrupted. Then he went on a rant about how he'll beat the life out of anyone, girl or guy, that'll hurt him.

"So, have you told Sensei yet?" Leo asked, cutting off Raph from his rant. Master Splinter was in the dojo meditating as usual.

Mikey shook his head. "No I haven't but I have a plan, just trust me."

"Uh, ok?" Donnie said raised a brow. "I'm a bit skeptical but ok. Who, when and how you come out is completely your right."

"Thanks guys, you're the best." They gave a giant smile, relieved and happy that he's loved and accepted for who they are. Now let's just hope Master Splinter will take it the same way.

❤ 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 ❤
💜