Polyamory

"In a Poly relationship?" Raph said confused, looking up at his little brother.

Mikey let out a sigh. He was really nervous about telling them about this.  He went over and over in his head of what he would say.

"W-well that means I'm in a relationship with more than one p-person." Mikey said shakily.

Raph raised an eyebrow. "Really? How does that work?"

Mikey shrugged. "I mean I don't think it's too complicated. We just have a lot of trust in each other and have good communication."

Mikey began to cry. "I- I'm sorry. I know it's wierd and stuff but-but I live em and- and..."

"Hey Mikey, it's okay, it's fine." Leo said comfortingly. He got up and put him into a hug. Everyone else joined in, helping Mikey calm down. "Here, let's have some cake little brother."

They all sat down and ate the cake. I mean who doesn't stress eat once in a while?

"So... who are these partners of yours?" Raph asked.

"Uh, I don't think we're ready yet..." Mikey began.

"That's okay bro, however..." Raph began to rant on how he'll protect him if they were ever to hurt him.

"Can I ask you something too bro?" Raph asked.

"Sure" Mikey replied.

"So can you like cheat in these rationships?" Raph asked.

Mikey nodded. "Yeah. If we're not honest with each other and just run off with whoever that counts as cheating for us, I guess. Buy then again it really depends on the relationship and how it's set up and stuff." The brothers nod thier heads in understandment.

"And don't think we're like those rude, small minded people that think these types of relationships don't work. If they were to just listen and understand it doesn't really affect them they be better off. And from my understanding, they do work as long as you're open and honest with each other."

Mikey nodded. "Yeah! Exactly!"

So, have you told Sensei yet?" Leo asked. Master Splinter was in the dojo meditating as usual.

Mikey shook his head. "No I haven't but I have a plan, just trust me."

"Uh, ok?" Donnie said raised a brow. "I'm a bit skeptical but ok. Who, when and how you come out is completely your right."

"Thanks guys, you're the best." Mikey gave a giant smile, relieved and happy that he was loved and accepted for who he was. Now let's just hope Master Splinter will take it the same way.

❤ 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 ❤
💜