Demisexual

"Demi?" Raph said looking at Mikey. He was shaking, holding back tears.

"Really? What is that exactly?" Leo asked getting up.

Mikey let out a sigh. He went over and over in his head of what he was going to say. He knew he was most likely going to have to explain it, because his sexuality isn't exactly commonly known.

"Well being Demisexual means I need to have a strong emotional bond in order to want to do... physical  things with them." Mikey explained.

"So basically you just don't want to have sex until you yet to know them?" Raph asked bluntly.

"Raph!" Leo and Donnie exclaimed.

Mikey cocked his head sideways. "Well, kinda? But it's not that I just have very high standards. I don't feel anything for anyone until I form that bond. And I can't control if and when that'll happen either. Sorry but It's the best that I can really explain it right now..."

"It's okay. You shouldn't  apologize. It's completely fine and I think we get it. I've heard of it before. You're valid. It's okay. And I'm sorry that someone was being rude." Leo eyed Raph.

Mikey began to cry. "Hey, hey little  bro it's okay." Raph brought him into a hug and whispered 'sorry' to him. Mikey nodded in saying it okay. Everyone else joined in the hug.

After a couple minutes they broke away. "Thanks guys for excepting me. I'm sorry that my sexuality is weird and-" Mikey said  but was cut off by Leo.

"Again, you shouldn't be sorry! And it's not that confusing if people just use thier head and listen. I'm happy you told us" Donnie smiled.

Mikey smile got bigger. "Here, let's have some cake."

Between the four of them they were able to eat all but one piece. I mean what humanoid turtle doesn't like cake? Let alone an Asexual spectrum.

"And don't think we'll be like those non-listening bozos who think that being Demi is the same as celibacy. You know, waiting untill marriage thing?Like how people can't help not being attracted to someone or gender or whatever you can't help not wanting that. It's completely okay."

"Thanks D. And yeah being Demi and waiting until marriage are different. Y
Cele- celebrassy is a choice and someone doesn't choose to be Demisexual. " Mikey replied with a grin.

"Yeah and scientifically speaking, no one chooses thier-"

"Yeah we get it. Don't go one ranting about your science mumbo jumbo." Raph said annoyed. Then he went on a rant about how he'll beat the life out of anyone, girl or guy, that'll hurt him.

"So, have you told Sensei yet?" Leo asked, cutting off Raph from his rant. Master Splinter was in the dojo meditating as usual.

Mikey shook his head. "No I haven't but I have a plan, just trust me."

"Uh, ok?" Donnie said raised a brow. "I'm a bit skeptical but ok. Who, when and how you come out is completely your right."

"Thanks guys, you're the best." Mikey gave a giant smile, relieved and happy that he was loved and accepted for who he was. Now let's just hope Master Splinter will take it the same way.

❤ 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 ❤
💜