Coming Out

Use pronouns, sexuality or gender name, or name from whatever chapter you came from or putting this last chapter to.

April was going through the mail. Most of them were bills or letters for her dad, but then she found a large, stuffed envelope with her name on it.

She carefully opened it to find another envelope and a letter rapped around it. She read the letter.

Hey April! It's Mikey! I need you to do something for me. I need you to give this envelope to Master Splinter. I know this seems wierd and that I could have given it to him myself, but I'm just to.... scared. But please, don't talk to me, call me or whatever, just give the envelope to Master Splinter and I'll explain everything! Thanks! 🌈

April looked up from the letter confused. Why was her friend scared of giving his father this envelope? April shrugged to herself and headed out.

When April arrived at the lair she immediately made eye contact with the youngest mutant turtle. (He/They) quickly got up and headed for (his/thier) room. April was getting a little worried now.

Right on time, Master Splinter came out of the dojo and headed to greet April.

"Hey Master Splinter. Umm... Mikey wanted me to give this to you?" She handed the envelope over to the ninja master.

As he opened and began to read the letter, (Mikey/Markie) dashed past them with a duffle bag over his shoulder. (He/They) ran out of the lair without a word said to either of them.

"(Mikey/Markie) wait!" Leo called to his youngest sibling. (Mikey/Markie) were talking to (his/thier) older brothers before running out.

"It'll be okay! I promise! Come back!" Donnie called.

"Where are ya going?" Raph called.

Master Splinter looked out of the lair of where his youngest ran, then read the rest of the letter. He looked up from the letter and to his three oldest children.

"Is this true? About your (bother/sibling)? (Is he/ are they) (any of the genders/sexualies from any of the chapters).

The brothers looked at each other then back at their Sensei and nodded. They explained of how (he/they) came out to them. They also explained of how (he/they) frantically told them that (he/they) was going to "lay low" for a few days until Master Splinter "calmed down".

They also told their father about (him/them) rambling about being kicked out, disowned, or punished. Before any of them could talk to (his/them) or anything, (he/they) ran out.

Master Splinter closed his eyes for a moment in thought. He opened them and put his hand up to his forehead. "My child. How could (he/they) be so scared of me... for just being (himself/themselves)?"

"Well in all respects Sensei, these types of things do happen to people in real life and (he/they) didn't know how you would react. (He/They) was just scared." Donnie said in (Mikey's/Markie's) defense.

"Poor (Mikey/Markie). I wish I'd known! I wish I could have helped (him/them) with (his/ thier) fears." April said.

Master Splinter looked at them. "You must find your (brother/sibling). Bring (him/them) home. I must tell (him/them) that I accept (him/them) no matter what. (He/They) explained (his/thier) (gender/sexuality) very clearly in the letter. I believe I understand." He nodded, looking back down at the letter.

Leo smiled. "I knew you would accept (him/them)!"

"I think we all did. I don't get why (he/they) was so paranoid" Raph said, trying annoyed.

"Give (him/them) a break Raph! I'm glad you understand Sensei. I mean it's really not that hard to under stand (his/thier) (gender/sexuality)." Donnie said.

"We'll find (him/them) Sensei. Let's go!" Leo said confidentiality and then the the turtle brothers, and April headed out of the sewers to find (Mikey/Markie).

It wasn't that hard to find (him/them). Donnie just had to track (his/thier) T-Phone and found (him/them) hanging out at the Mighty Mutanimals hideout. They also supported and understood (Mikey/Markie's) (gender/sexuality) and agreed to let him stay for a few days.

(Mikey/Markie) was hesitant to come back home. "Come on (Mikey/Markie). He's not mad, I promise. I promise!" Leo pleaded. They eventually were able to convince the orange banded turtle to return home.

When they got there, Master Splinter was waiting in the living room. He approached his youngest, and clearly nervous (son/child).

"My (son/child), I promise I am not mad. I accept you. I would never disown you, punish you, or kick you out for just being yourself! I understand why you were scared. You explained you (gender/sexuality) and I believe I understand what it is and what you want."

(Mikey/Markie) eyes began to water and (he/they) began to shake a little. Master Splinter walked over to (him/them) and gently lifted (his/thier) chin to look at him.

"I am not upset. I'm also very proud that you had the courage to tell your family. You have nothing to fear from me or your brothers. I love you my (son/child) no matter what." He said to his youngest calmly and lovingly.

(Mikey/Markie) hugged (his/thier) father. "T-thank you father. I - I'm sorry I've been so scared. I-" (he/they) began to studder.

"It's alright (Michelangelo/Markie). Please calm down." Master Splinter stoked to back of (his/thier) head. (Mikey/Markie) broke away from the hug and took a couple of minutes to collect (himself/themselves).

"Your brother told me you made a cake, yes?" Master Splinter asked. (Mikey/Markie) nodded. "Well if you weren't to mind, I would like to finish the last piece."

They all went to the kitchen and celebrated that (Mikey/Markie) had came out. Master Splinter ate the last slice of cake, generously giving some to April, complimenting on how delicious it was.

(Mikey/Markie) was laughing, and having a good time. He was so happy (he/they) came out. It was like a weight has been lifted.

Not everyone is as accepting though. And if you know someone of the LGBTQIA+ community, you should show them love and support. There are some people who get punished, kicked out, or disowned for being themselves.

To all of my queer fellow's out there, stay strong and be yourself! You're beutiful just the way you are! And some advice, (if you would like it) if you could be in a unsafe situation if you come out to certain people, don't do it. The most important thing is you're safety.

I hope I was able to spread some awareness this month and I might do something for next year. If I have any misinformation here, please message me and I'll gladly fix it!

I hope you all had/have a wonderful June!

LOVE IS LOVE!
🌈❤🧡💛💚💙💜🤎♥️🖤🌈