Aromatic

"Aro?" Raph said looking at Mikey. He was shaking, holding back tears.

"Really? Uh what is that exactly?" Leo asked getting up.

Mikey let out a sigh. He went over and over in his head of what he was going to say. He knew he was most likely going to have to explain it, because his sexuality isn't exactly commonly known.

"Well being Aromatic (also Asexual) means I'm not attracted to anyone. I don't want to date or do any of that with anyone." He began to explain.

"So you don't feel love?" Leo asked with sorrow and concern.

Mikey shook his head violently. "No! I can feel love. Like brotherly, family love, friendship or platonic love, or like love for food and everything else! I'm not loveless I just don't have a desire or need for romantic love."

"Oh. I see. I'm sorry bro." Leo said.

"It's cool Leo. I get it." Mikey nodded. "I've felt like the same way for a long time and I sometimes still do and I know the feeling come again. I went though like a denial faze and forced myself to have crush on Shinigami, but all I really wanted is to be real good friends with her. A friend crush? Is that a thing?"

"So anyway I have understand and come to terms with who I am. I could maybe be in a Platonic relationship where we're just really good friends and live together and stuff. I've heard of Aro people doing that but I'm not sure that I can being a turtle and all but I hope you get the point. I'm sorry if this makes things weird." Mikey explained.

"Don't worry, this doesn't change anything little brother it doesn't... it's ok." Leo said comfortingly. Raph brought him into a hug and everyone else joined in.

After a couple minutes they broke away. "Thanks guys for excepting me. I'm sorry that my sexuality is confusing and-" Mikey said but was cut off by Leo.

"You shouldn't be sorry! And it's not that confusing if people just use thier brain cells and listen. I'm happy you accepted yourself yo" Donnie smiled.

Mikey smile got bigger. "Here, let's have some cake."

Between the four of them they were able to eat all but one piece. I mean what humanoid turtle doesn't like cake? Especially one whose Ace anyway.

"And don't think were one of those fund headed jerks who says you 'just haven't found the right person yet'. That's not how attraction works. And we don't think you use it as a defense mechanism cuz you can't find no one. There's actually a model, a profession where they use thier charm, whose Ace Aro. She's actually an-"

"We get it Donnie, shut up!" Raph said annoyed. He looked at Mikey who was besides him. "You said of having this feeling about being Aromatic, what's that about?"

Mikey sighed. "I'm not sure all Aro's felt this way but it's like, you see all of these people, fall in love having something, experiencing something you can't really have. I could physically be in a relationship but I won't have feelings for the person and that'll be messed up." "

I mean I know I'm fine on my own and I pretty much prefer it but I see all these people and there so happy- I mean I don't think it's loneliness, it might be but I don't know if it's maybe, maybe not jealousy? Of people who have an attraction for romantic love? I- I really don't know."

"I mean I know I have no control of who I do and don't like and I can't 'like' someone if I tried, and believe me I tried. I know it shouldn't be an issue, but- but..."

He began to cry. "Has any other Aro or Ace or whatever feel like this? I'm sure that not all of them do and are in full confidence of themselves and their sexuality and romantic orientation but, I wonder I just want to know-" he sobbed.

"Hey it's okay. It's okay." They pulled him into another hug. "You don't need romance be whole. You don't. You're awesome just the way you are. Were always here if you want to talk about this." Leo informed.

Mikey sat up and sniffed. "Thanks brothers, I will."

"So, have you told Sensei yet? He might be able to sort out these feelings, ya know?" Leo asked. Master Splinter was in the dojo meditating as usual.

Mikey shook his head. "No I haven't but I have a plan, just trust me."

"Uh, ok?" Donnie said raised a brow. "I'm a bit skeptical but ok. Who, when and how you come out is completely your right."

"Thanks guys, you're the best." Mikey gave a giant smile, relieved and happy that he was loved and accepted for who he was. Now let's just hope Master Splinter will take it the same way.

❤ 🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈🏳️‍🌈🌈 ❤
💜