Reflection

The high-pitched beeping wakes me. Ugh. I sit up and stare foggily at the small digital clock. It reads 6:45. I look out the window that's adjacent to my bed. The pink sun is just starting to rise. Sigh. It's so pretty. My thoughts get interrupted by the alarm. I lean over and yank out the cord.

     Another tedious 24-hour period I have to endure. Wonderful.

     I finally get out of bed and stumble over to the light switch. My room is a mess. Over in the corner is a pile of clothes that I probably should put in the washer. I stares at my messy, unmade bed. The dark covers are a mess. The grey canopy over looks my bed. It sorta ties my room together. My walls are a deep blue and the grey curtains around my bed compliments the room.

     I throw on some old, Brown slippers and slowly make my way to the kitchen. I pour myself a bowl of Frosted Flakes so I can get rid of the horrid taste in my mouth. Yum. Toni Tiger is on the cereal box. I hate the way the tiger is staring at me. I turn the box around.

     After I'm done eating I go upstairs into the bathroom to take a shower. I wash my jet black hair and sigh. I'm starting to get bored with this same tiring routine everyday. As I lather up the shampoo in my hair I think of ways to improve my life. Shower thoughts y'know.

     I turn off the water because it is starting to become cold. I hate the cold. After I'm done drying off and changing, I brush my hair and teeth.

    My reflection stares at me in the mirror. I stare straight back. I am not scared of you I think to it. I stare straight into my pale grey eyes as if challenging my reflection to hop out of the mirror and beat me senseless.

     "Stacy!! Are you done in there?! I have to leave in ten minutes!" I jump back and tear my gaze away from the mirror. My mother's scratchy voice startles me. Mom's a smoker but she's been working on quitting. Good for her.

      "Yeah, I'm done", I reply. I pick up my pajamas and walk past my frail mother. I then proceeded to my room and toss my clothes on my bed. 'Welp...Time to go to school',I think. I throw on my sneakers and go downstairs out into the morning humidity.