Thank you for your service

The response I get reads: "Okay"

     That's it? I wonder. I guess it was just supposed to be a joke.

     Just when I begin working on my homework again my phone makes this low beep. I stare at it. It has never made that sound before. Strange. I pick up my phone and look at it. Then all of the sudden I see myself. On the screen is a picture of me..only it's not me. What? I'm in an all black room. I don't know where that could be at..Then the image's lips curl up into a sinister smile. Oh my god it's not a picture! It is a video! Then suddenly "I" speak. "We heard you need help Stacy. Well due to our revolutionary situation we are able to deliver your help. Thank you for you service". Then like that my screen goes blank.

     I start to panic. What kind of joke is this? I'm just imagining all of this. I have to be. Things like that just can't happen! But that girl..she had my grey eyes,my dark hair and my pale skin. She was me. And yet I'm right here. I've never been in that place she was. I'm starting to get worried. Maybe all the stress has finally gotten to me.

     No more work. I stand up and put away all the homework. This will have to wait until tomorrow. I change into some comfy shorts and a big t-shirt. You're not crazy, I tell myself.

     I flip off the light switch and close my eyes. I stare into the blackness of my eyelids. All I see is the sinister smile. She was me and yet she wasn't. I'm not able to make a face such as that.

     After what had to have been about 20 minutes of worry I finally fall asleep. Unfortunately though it is not a dreamless one.