Chapter Ten

What she couldn't understand was why they were both picked. It was apparently not a random selection, asides from the two being males, they were both middle class men with their own family. She needed to find out if they rolled in similar circles.

"How does she move the body though? These are well built men."

"Drag them?"

"There has to be a killing site because how do you somehow get these men to come with you? Then stun them enough to kill them, and have the time to clean the bodies. How much time is needed?"

"Three hours max if I did it."

When they got to the station. Bisi got out her note pad.

"We're missing something."

"Let's start from the first victim. He had a wife and a kid."

"Yes. So married men with kids, what else?"

"The first vic left his friend's home at some point. Didn't go far though, his car was found close to his friend's place with his phone and overnight bag in it."

"Second victim came from work to the gym. He was probably on his way home when he was stopped by the killer. Does she numb or drug them or does she try to be friendly? What if it was someone they knew?"

"I think the former would call too much attention. Maybe it's someone they knew."

"That makes it even worse. I have a headache."

She rubbed her temple and watched as Mez rummaged his drawer for aspirin. She took two and washed it down with the cold coffee on her desk.

"Let's find his friends and anyone at the gym that took notice of his activities. We'll need to talk to the wife too."

"Okay."

Bisi smiled when Mez rubbed her thigh. His phone rang and she waited as he listened to the person on the other end.

"His car has been found," he said to her as he got off the phone.

She got on her feet. "Where?"

"Near the gym."

"So the killer has her own means of transportation. Even if you trust someone, you wouldn't go with her to her car when you have yours."

"Except she says she's having a problem with hers."

"I get that part. But how do they end up in the car."

"I'm starting to think the drugging precedes the kidnapping."

"Makes sense. So she says something about her car getting bad then she drugs them as they help?"

"Maybe."

Bisi imagined the scene in her head. They were probably driving to their destination until someone stopped then with the excuse of a broken down car. Being the Good Samaritan, they stopped to help and went to the faulty car, it was one of the oldest tricks in the book and it saddened her that they'd met their death trying to help.

Why castrate them though. What was so offending about the penis that pissed off the killer. A thought popped in her head and she looked to Mez.

"I need to check their criminal records."

"Already did. Squeaky clean, these were men that were pillars of their family. No charges, no parking tickets, all around outstanding citizens. What are you thinking?"

"One of the old cases with similar MO, the victim was a rapist."

"So you're thinking sexual offenders?"

"Far fetched?"

"Yea, but we have no leads so we should check that out."

She smiled and they got to work.