2 Home, Family and Friends

Purple gladiolas were waiting for her as SuYeong stepped out of the Arrivals. Her dad seemed to be the most excited person in the waiting crowd there. "Welcome home, sweetheart! Did you have a good flight?"

"It's a wonder she has ONLY 6 suitcases and 2 handbags!" Yoongi sarcastically quipped before she even had a chance to reply to her dad.

"Nice to see you too, Yoongi.." SuYeong dryly dismissed his sarcasm and gave him a small hug before being engulfed into her dad's big warm bear-of-a-hug.

"Be nice to your sister, she's finally home.." their dad reprimanded him. "How about loading her luggage onto the carrier instead!"

After loading and arranging the suitcases on the carrier, in the boot, and in the backseat of their dad's SUV, they drove away from the airport towards home, laughing and chatting ceaselessly.

"SuYeong-ah! My baby!" Her mother embraced her with happy tears. She tried standing but SuYeong pushed her gently to sit down again. "Eomma, you should sit. Don't try things you are not ready for yet. You'll get there soon, now that I'm here.."

The stroke had left her mother with her entire right side paralyzed. SuYeong had rushed home from Tokyo as soon as she heard about her mother. It had been a terrible few days. One of the valves in her mother's heart had a blockage and a temporary rise in blood pressure had caused a stroke.

After about a week in intensive care, a small surgery was performed to insert a stent in the valve. With constant monitoring and treatment, after another week, they brought her home since her condition was stable. A physiotherapist would come in every other day to help with exercises and speech therapy.

SuYeong had stayed home for about 3 weeks before heading back to Tokyo to complete the rest of her teacher training course, promising to return home for good as soon as her exams were done.

The last 6 months of physiotherapy had helped her mom regain strength in her right hand. She could speak much better now instead of the initial slurs that were difficult to understand. She could move her leg too, but she needed to exercise some more to regain enough strength to hold her body weight to stand. SuYeong made it her mission to help her mom stand and walk as soon as possible.

She spent the first few days settling back down, unpacking, arranging her belongings, narrating incidents of Tokyo and her friends, catching up on her dad's work, Yoongi's music and her mom's health.

Her dad ran a small training centre where people were trained in various skills. It was a pretty big campus so it could even be rented out as a venue for events when there was a break in training. He explained that he had hired an administrative assistant after their mom had fallen ill, and that SuYeong had met him once at a conference they had all attended in HongKong. She couldnt recollect a Park Jimin even though she tried to. Maybe she would remember when she met him.

Yoongi had been busy writing more songs for different clients. He really was a musical genius. Lately he had even started producing music as a hobby. He showed SuYeong his latest gadgets and speakers and went on and on about the latest software he installed in his system. SuYeong barely understood which the channels for vocals and instruments were or what the numerous dials and buttons did. She admired Yoongi for his musical and lyrical abilities though. He was a man of many interests.

SuYeong decided to meet up with her old friends. She missed her friends back in Tokyo but one special friend was still here in Seoul. Jung Nami. They had first met at a summer camp when they were 11. They had instantly clicked and had become fast friends. They attended different schools but hung out together every opportunity they got.

As they grew closer and their families got to know each other, Yoongi and Nami's elder brother, Hoseok, had become good friends too. They shared a common interest in songwriting and , over the years, had written a few songs together.

When SuYeong went to Tokyo, Nami had become very sad. She had stayed back and studied in Seoul. However, through the years, they had kept in touch and met up every time SuYeong had come home.

SuYeong had texted Nami the day she had returned home. They had planned to meet after she had spent some time with her family, specially her mom. So after about a week at home, SuYeong decided to finally go out to meet Nami. They planned to meet at the café they always went to.

Yoongi refused to drop her (no surprise there) so SuYeong puppy-eyed her dad into giving her a ride to the café. Hoseok, on the other hand, gladly dropped Nami off and even came inside to give SuYeong a big hug that felt like a warm ray of sunshine on a cold winter day.

Nami hugged SuYeong, squeezing her so tight she almost couldn't breathe. "Acckk.. ooff.. you're choking me woman!" she sputtered. Nami let go, laughing till she had tears in her eyes. "How has our Miss Tokyo been? The last time you were home, we barely had time to catch up because you were so busy with your Eomma!"

"Well, honestly, I'm still adjusting to being back here.. I miss Tokyo and my life back there a lot. But hey, I have you here. And let's not forget our brothers and their silly friends." SuYeong rolled her eyes as she mentioned her brother and his friends. "What about you? How have you been? How's your family? Hoseok seems to still be as chirpy as the parrot you guys used to have."

Nami replied enthusiastically "Appa and Eomma are great. Both Halmeonis are staying with us for the time being. Hoseok drives me crazy all the time. Work is okay, considering I only just started. So yeah, Life's Good Yo!" She finished dramatically with a peace sign.

Nami had recently started working as a counsellor at an organization that worked with teens and young people. She enjoyed talking to the youngsters and helping them in whatever way she could. Her positive energy could definitely cheer anyone having a bad day. The siblings were so similar in that aspect.

"Hoseok told me they're all working on a new song." she continued. "Do you think if I bug him enough, he'll let us pitch in for backing vocals? Oh and even Jin and Joon are working with them this time."

The names mentioned made SuYeong smile wide. It had been a while since she had met the Kim brothers. The boys were friends of their brothers, all connected through music. When they were teenagers, SuYeong and Nami had crushed on the Kim brothers. SuYeong was in awe of Seokjin's voice and Nami was gaga over Namjoon's rapping and his personality. Over the many years of acquaintance and friendship, crushes had dissolved and now they were all just good friends.

"Ooohh.. Jin and Joon too, huh? Maybe I can blackmail Yoongi to let us atleast hang around, if not sing." SuYeong stated, her mind starting to find ways to blackmail her brother, till Nami's next sentence broke her chain of thought.

"By the way, have you met your new neighbours yet? The Jeons. They're relatives of the Kims. I think the younger son is about our age."

"No, haven't met any Jeons yet. Have been too busy inside the house. I'm telling you, this is the first time I've come out of our main gate after coming home." SuYeong explained as Nami suppressed a giggle. "But how do you know so much about my neighbours?"

"Aah.. Joon told Hoseok, Hoseok told me, I told you. I'm simply relaying information! But anyway, you would have come to know. I'm sure they have invited your family too for their housewarming this weekend." Nami stated matter-of-factly. "Plus the son is pretty good looking so I made it my business to find out everything!" She added with a wink.

"I don't think I want to go into how you found out about the son being good looking..." SuYeong narrowed her eyes and trailed off and both the girl started laughing.

They hung out for a few more hours before taking cabs to their respective homes. "See you this weekend then!" Nami called out as she got into her cab.

SuYeong waved at Nami and stepped into her cab, her mind occupied with her new neighbours and the 'good-looking' son she had not even met yet.

A/N: It's been a good week.. we got so much content. Stream PTD, Butter and the MVs that are close to 1 Billion. Have a good week!!

25.07.2021