8 Trip

The baby shower was a huge success. Jisoo, Jungkook's elder sister, couldn't stop thanking everyone. She had absolutely loved the garden and butterflies theme, and almost teared up when she came to know the boys made the flowers themselves.

A few weeks later, just before Christmas, the Jeons had a new member added to their family, a lovely daughter/niece/granddaughter. The whole gang was in the hospital, rejoicing and celebrating with Jungkook's family.

Most of SuYeong's winter was spent in Jungkook's house, either in the nursery, or the dining room, or the backyard. Somehow Jimin and Taehyung would also always be around. The four of them had become almost inseparable and Nami joined them as often as she could.

At Nami's request, from the new year, Suyeong started giving English lessons at the NGO on the Saturdays that she was free. She had never seen Taehyung at his workplace and seeing him bent over his computer screen with glasses riding down his nose made her go 'awww' and pinch his cheeks. His response was an annoyed frown over his glasses.

Time flew and a lot happened in three months. SuYeong became friends with a lot of the kids and other volunteers at YOLO. She finally got a car, a small VW perfect for her. Yumi and Taehyung were not arguing as much as before. Taehyung had already visited Daegu twice. Jungkook was helping Jimin occasionally at the Centre and SuYeong's dad was happy about it. Yoongi and Hoseok were always with Jin and Joon, busy working on an album.

SuYeong enjoyed teaching at school and at YOLO too. She had fun at YOLO mostly because Nami and Taehyung were around. She had also become good friends with Beomgyu, a young volunteer who taught guitar to the boys. He was a quirky and friendly fellow, always up to some mischief. SuYeong guessed he had a crush on Nami because he was always trying to talk to her.

The NGO was organising a three-day retreat and since it would be spring break at school, Nami urged SuYeong to come along. The other volunteers would be coming too and it would be a good break for SuYeong.

The offer was extremely tempting and finally SuYeong gave in. Her mother gladly allowed her to go since she was able to walk now and was more independent.

After a long train journey and a short bus ride, the happy group of nine staff and three volunteers reached the quiet retreat centre. Nami, Taehyung and SuYeong were together most of the journey. Beomgyu kept trying to start a conversation with Nami but she politely kept ending the conversations. Finally, Taehyung slung an arm around his shoulder and walked away from them in the pretext of finding their rooms.

The girls were assigned rooms on the ground floor. Nami and SuYeong were automatically roommates. The boys were on the floor above. Taehyung and Beomgyu ended sharing a room since all the other assigned rooms were already taken.

Mrs. Shin had a few activities and games planned. After handing out schedules and other necessary information, she sent everyone off to enjoy the evening. The activities would start the next day.

The evening was spent looking around the retreat centre and visiting the local market. Nami, SuYeong and Taehyung were together and because Beomgyu was Taehyung's roommate, he tagged along with them. He couldn't have been happier.

While at the local market, suddenly Jina pulled Taehyung away and started talking to him. She had never stopped trying her luck with Taehyung inspite of the showdown with Yumi. She was saying something to Taehyung and looked a little upset. It seemed like Taehyung was trying to comfort her. The curiosity was almost killing SuYeong.

"What do you think they're talking about?" she whispered in Nami's ear while eyeing Jina throwing her hands all over Taehyung's arms.

"I don't know Su-yah, maybe she's telling him about her problematic exes to get his attention." Nami rolled her eyes and stated dryly, as if she was used to Jina behaving like this.