9 Break and Make

After breakfast, the group left for the train station. SuYeong hadn't really spoken to Taehyung but he was joking around like always, so things weren't awkward, thankfully.

A bus picked them up after breakfast for the short journey to the station. As they reached the station, Taehyung got a phone call and he excused himself for privacy.

It had been almost half an hour and Taehyung was still not in sight. The train would be leaving in 5 minutes. SuYeong requested Beomgyu to quickly check through the platform while she gave him a call. His number was still busy so she texted him instead.
'Train is leaving in 5. Where on earth are you?'

As the train sounded the whistle, Beomgyu entered their cabin. "He was just outside on the platform. He's still on the call. Arguing with someone." he shrugged and sat down.

Just as the train started to move, Taehyung entered with a sigh and flopped on the seat beside SuYeong. He rubbed his eyes and face and threw his head back with his eyes closed.

Nami gave SuYeong a 'do-something' look and SuYeong raised her shoulders and hands up in a 'what-do-I-do' shrug.

"I know you guys are staring at me. Don't worry. I'm fine. It's just Yumi." Taehyung spoke with his eyes still closed and head thrown back on the seat.

"Oh, sorry about that. Want some chips? Food almost always helps everything get better." Nami chirped and handed him an open packet of chips.

Taehyung grinned at her and picked up a few chips. He stuffed them in his mouth. "I most definitely agree with you on that." he spoke with a chip-ful mouth.

SuYeong carefully looked at Taehyung to make sure he was okay. His eyes and nose were a little red, but his smile seemed genuine. He rested his head on her shoulder and stretched his arms, pushing her off the seat in the process.

"Hey, let me sit. The seat is for two people, you can't hog it entirely!" she complained as she got up from the floor and sat down again.

Taehyung pushed her to the end of the seat, just next to the window, and then curled up in the seat. "Wake me up when September ends." he grunted.

SuYeong looked at him curled up uncomfortably. He was quite tall so the seat wasn't enough to accommodate his lying body. She thought of sitting between Nami and Beomgyu. Three could squeeze into the long seat easily.

But then she had another idea. She poked Taehyung's shoulder, making him look at her with one eye. She patted her lap signalling him to rest his head there. He happily shifted up and put his head on her lap. She ran her fingers through his dark messy hair as he closed his eyes and took deep breaths. He was asleep within minutes.

SuYeong wondered what Yumi had told him this time. He was such a wonderful person and that girl just didn't know how to treasure him and keep him happy. She began to wonder if he was better off without her, but quickly reprimanded herself for thinking that. Taehyung must see something in Yumi to continue to love her and accept her inspite of everything. Who was SuYeong to judge for him?

Beomgyu looked up from his phone at SuYeong and Taehyung, gave her a small smile and went right back to his game.

Nami leaned in to whisper softly, careful not to wake Taehyung up, "What do you think happened?"

SuYeong only shrugged, not wanting to wake Taehyung up by talking. She kept stroking his hair, hoping he would feel even the slightest bit of comfort.

Taehyung woke up after about an hour and they talked about other things the rest of the journey. As they reached and were deboarding the train, Taehyung whispered into SuYeong's ear, "I'll call or text you. I didn't wanna talk in front of Beomgyu. Oh and thanks. For everything." He hugged her and walked away from the platform.