19. naked

You were screaming.

You were screaming when you realized the warmth and light was emitting from you.

You were screaming when Yoongi unlocked an abandoned ward through his shadows.

You were screaming when Taehyung tried to calm you down.

You were screaming when Namjoon carried Jungkook's blood-soaked body into the ward.

And you were screaming even now, as you bawled over a ghostly pale Jungkook.

Your screams were being muffled by the walls but that didn't mean that the 7 of you were completely safe. When the soldiers snapped out of whatever daze you managed to put them in, the 7 of you were rightfully screwed.

Taehyung continued to slowly rock your body as you were half on his lap and half clutching on Jungkook's arm as he was laid on his stomach. He shuddered with every breath he took, his face turning like a lepers', ghostly white and miserable. The smell of burnt flesh and blood was nauseating.

"Can you heal him?" Yoongi's lips quivered as he looked at Namjoon who was on his knees, hands over Jungkook's wings in an attempt to heal the wounds. His wings were painted in splatters of red, but the bullets holes were black as if his very blood was poisoned. You pushed the bile down that was rising in your throat as you choked back tears, stay, stay, stay, stay, stay, stay...

Namjoon's gaze never fell away from Jungkook, you had never seen him so serious, the goofy and clumsy boy from the truck-ride was gone. A doctor, a leader, stood in his place.

"I can extract the bullets and close the wounds, but I don't know how to extract the poison." Namjoon murmured as he continued to press lightly onto Jungkook's wings as black blood started to from beneath Namjoon's hands. Jungkook let out a weakened groan, Namjoon's eyes were calculating, "It's not in my ability."

It pained you.

Absolutely pained you to see him like this.

Sprawled out onto the floor in agony and even worse... there was nothing you could do to take away his pain.

You were human.

Weak.

A human.

And at this moment, you hated yourself for that.

Taehyung, who hadn't spoken since the soldiers poured into the lobby, stared at you. His mouth in a deep frowning pout, he was thinking... weighing.

"I want to help." Taehyung said firmly.

Yoongi sighed, "Taehyung you can't-"

"No." Taehyung wringed his hands, "I'm a hybrid..." He nearly grimaced at the word, Tae was never a person to like categories, "I-I think I can help."

You stood next to him, "That's right! He fixed my broken leg before, let him try." You stared at the 3 hesitant male aliens, "Please..." You pleaded, you boyfriend was currently bleeding out on the floor, you had to take whatever chance you had.