Chapter 14: Weasley residence

Molly Weasley has been living in hell for a month and a half.

Her daughter is dead. That's all she knows. Disappeared. Probably eaten by that monster. No body was found. Nothing.

Her sons have equally lost their cheerful moods since the contact with the school.

Ron prefers to hide away in his room.

Fred and George don't make jokes, instead they walk around the house aimlessly, like a pair of ghouls.

Percy doesn't chide his brothers with their homework responsibilities. He just doesn't care anymore, about his own duties too.

Bill is mostly out of the house, drinking away in muggle clubs. He returns at the mornings, drunk and equally depressed.

Charlie returned from Romania as well, bringing a small brown and grey dragon with him. His name is Thunder and is his favorite. Charlie prefers the skies, in order to cope with the loss of his little sister. He cannot see their mother and father being so empty, without a motive of continuing their lives.

As for Arthur, he has been going to work regularly, as he did before, asking for extra hours too. Having something to be occupied with prevented his mind from thinking anything at all. He didn't want to, because if he did, he would think of the freckled face and ginger hair of his little daughter. And then he would break into tears. Once he did he couldn't stop.

Molly had learned about Harry's disappearance as well. Minerva McGonagall had informed her. Poor boy. Who knew who was the crazy maniac that had taken him away? Not even a year of peace for that kid. What if he was already dead?

She sighs heavily. She feels an ache on the side of her heart. She pours herself a second cup of coffee. She has to begin cleaning the house in a minute. It's ten in the morning.

She sees an owl flying through the open window. A total black one, female. The woman had never seen one before and didn't know of anyone of their friends that possessed such a creature. The owl carries a letter. She drops it on the table and without waiting for a treat, flies back out, away from the Burrow.

'Hmmm. Curiouser and curiouser.'
Molly wandlessly opens the envelope and brings it a bit closer, but not very much, for her astigmatism doesn't allow her to read from up close.

'To Mrs Weasley nee Prewett,

You are probably unaware of who I am. And that is for the best, seeing as it does not matter much. I am writing this letter to inform you and your family that there is no need for further worry.
I learned that you were close with Harry Potter, whom I am sure you have mourned already.

Well, bright news. He is not dead.

I will bring him over to your place. He may stay with you for the next five days. Any other questions you may have will be answered once we have properly met each other.
Ps: Expect me, along with the boy, in the course of three hours from now.

TMR'

Her hand releases the purple mug of coffee. It is consequently shattered upon contact with the wooden floor.
"RON! RON, COME QUICKLY! HARRY'S ALIVE! HE'S COMING OVER!"
______________

Harry is watching silently as Tom is filling up a black luggage bag with clothes.

He had offered to help but the Slytherin had shoot him a glare that did a marvelous job of showing his disapproval. He hadn't bothered with it again.

Once seven pairs of clothes are in, along with a set of grey pajamas, Tom places two books on top of them as well.

Harry arches a brow. "Umm... why are you putting these in?"