Chapter 15: Who to support

Tom was fairly surprised upon taking in the sight of the horrid little house. Well, if you can call it 'little', that is. It is an... organized chaos. These are the only words fitted to describe it. As if someone took a house and glued other three on top of it. They don't look that stable either.

The woman that greets them is well fed - more than well fed, actually - around forty something, ginger hair like Ginevra's, with smart eyes and a kind smile. Harry appears to adore her. How... touching.

He watches as Harry releases his hand from his own to fully embrace the woman. The boy's suitcase is dropped on the dirt, but he doesn't seem to mind. 'So this is how ordinary people interact with each other. Interesting.'

Molly Weasley's voice brings him back from this spiraling maze that is his thought."So, sir... who exactly are you?"

He turns his head to focus on her face, which while previously shining in glee, now has darkened considerably more.
"You may call me Riddle, madame."

"Riddle? Very well then. Are you here just to leave the boy to us-?"

"I will come inside." He replies curtly, clearly showing her that she doesn't have any other option but to invite him in. "I assume you're missing Ginevra as well?"

She doesn't crack. She's strong, he'll give her that. "I... yes. Is she...?"

"She's not dead, but her case is a tad more complicated." His eyes shift to her left, where the Gryffindor has been frowning, quite predictably, at him. "Harry, why don't you show Mrs Weasley here what I mean?"

The boy stops himself from groaning in absolute frustration and unzips his grey jacket. He pulls out a very familiar black little book and passes it over to her. "Ginny is inside these pages."

"That's a book, Harry." She stammers.

"Yes and Ginny is literally trapped inside. Here." He also gives her a pen, black. "You can write to her and she'll answer to you."

Molly takes it with trembling fingers. "Alright..."

She writes for a little while. After being convinced that this was actually her daughter writing back, she glances up at Riddle. "How did this happen?"

Tom simply grins, quite pleasantly. "I'm afraid I'll have to tell the rest of the story to your family as well. In the end, I believe it's something that concerns all of you."

Molly purses her lips. "Very well. But first, I must perform some protection spells on you. I do not usually allow strangers in the house."

"Please, go ahead and do your job." He says, tone positively understanding.

Harry has a sudden desire to vomit from hearing the sweetness of the tone. He knows it's all one of his acts.

Mrs Weasley performs five spells. One with a blue, two with red, one with golden and one with green sparks and they all pass through Tom, who shudders a bit, but quickly recomposes himself.

Harry grins. 'Now he should know how it felt when he did something similar to me.'

They both step inside the house, after Molly.

Harry's good mood doesn't dissappear, for the colorful inside of the Weasley residence, stuffed with muggle machines and buzzing with life lifts his spirit.

Tom appears to be less impressed with the interior design.

The boy can only shake his head in despair. 'Only a palace would be good for him.'

He turns his head to the right and sees the Weasley men, all gathered in one corner of the kitchen, in front of the oven.

Ron is ecstatic to see him, but says nothing, for the sight of the finely dressed teenager with the unforgiving eyes scares him.