Chapter 20: His debt

Three years have passed since Harry returned to Hogwarts.

Because of Sirius' release, third year passed as calmly as an afternoon view of the sky. Nothing happened, for one. It was so serene. Harry couldn't believe it.

At fourth year, Barty Crouch Jr did the whole 'I'm going to put Potter's name in the Goblet of Fire to ressurect the Dark Lord' thing, but considering that Harry had been studying with Tom for two whole summers, he knew what spells to use. He won all the tasks of the Tournament pretty easily.

Tom, of course, had worked out the whole mystery of who fake Alastor Moody was.

At the day of the third task, he, along with what appeared to be some secret auror team of the Ministry, - not the Order though - walked into the school, unmasked the man - Kingsley himself locked Barty up on a cell - and figured out that the Goblet had been made into a portal. Suffice to say, five aurors volunteered to be transported by it. They saw a burning cauldron. No one had arrived to the scene of the resurrection. So they tumbled it over, spilling whatever contents that thing had on the ground.

Voldemort had not been materialized yet.

So, here we are. Fifth year. Mid December.

Umbridge is the Defense teacher.

Harry's hand has been scarred multiple times. He says nothing. Even his weekly letters to Tom are filled with lies.

'I'm fine, sure. School is going pretty well. How are you?'

Ron and Hermione are worried about him. They know that Riddle, evil as he may be, will not leave the boy being tortured by that woman, should he actually learn of her methods.

So they decide to write the Slytherin a letter, for the first time. If Harry cannot help himself, then they will.

__________

It's 9 in the morning at the Ministry, sector 9, Magical Law Enforcement department.

Mary Stewart walks inside the office she shares with 'the best employee of the last twenty years' - that's Tom - and another co worker, Benjamin Bartok. She holds a small paper box with four cups of coffee - two hot and two cold.

She finds the dirty blond haired man, Benjamin, searching through another white bag of donuts, before looking up and spotting her.

"Here. Let me hold some of them for you." He says and walks up to her, taking two cups and placing them on her own grey desk.

" He says and walks up to her, taking two cups and placing them on her own grey desk

"Thanks." She whispers, smiling a little.

" She whispers, smiling a little