Chapter XIV

Emma froze in place, then fell back on her butt in shock.

What were you expecting?

Something inside her almost laughed, which only added further to her shock. It was both a sickening and irresistible scene. She held her breath again, then saw the girl next to her look at her with a borderline insane expression.

"Doesn't it feel great?"

She kneeled down on the ground next to Emma, a giggle escaping her lips. If Emma thought what she saw before was alarming, this was well beyond that.

"Go on, feed with us, release what you keep within you."

Her tongue ran along her lips, her body moving almost in a beastly way. Emma felt speechless for a moment, her beast growling in a hostile way. The girl tilted her head, then frowned.

"Why are you resisting?"

"I am... just nervous."

"Don't be."

She pushed Emma back on the ground, her whole back and hair getting covered with the blood on the ground.

"It will be the best you have ever felt."

Her hand went over to Emma's shoulder and pressed her down further. Her other hand splashed on the blood, red drops trickling from her fingers onto Emma's face.

"Let your beast come out."

Emma swallowed, feeling almost trapped in her place. Okay, how would she get out of that mess now?

"Yeah... Maybe I just need to feed more."

The girl smiled and nodded, then held her hand, starting to pull her towards the bodies.

"Now now, don't pressure the newling Akasia."

The feral called Akasia froze in her place with the voice, quickly jumping off of Emma and getting down on her knees, leaning her head on the ground.

"Crusader."

Other ferals nearby seemed to notice as well, all leaning down almost as if praying to him. Emma leaned up on her elbows, ignoring the blood that dripped all over her body and looked at who they called were the 'Crusader' in front of her. A chill ran up her spine when she caught his ice blue eyes. No, ice blue wouldn't cut it, his eyes looked dead and lifeless. Through her overwhelmed senses Emma could still understand that he wasn't a kin, his presence was way more threatening than that, a different, more dangerous type of supernatural. He reached his hand out to Emma with a smile, charismatic yet crooked. Emma stood indecisive for a second before holding it and getting up from the ground.

"Excuse their behavior, they probably did not know we had such a special guest."

Emma's stomach dropped at that. Special guest? Did he know who she was?

"Someone of noble blood is always a welcome surprise in our ranks."

She almost let out a sigh of relief, but held back. It was still confusing how he had understood her bloodline with just a look. Emma had the chance to examine his face better once she got up. He had light brown hair that went down to his chin in messy curls, skin pale and ashy, and the corners of his eyes and lips reddish with soft veins showing almost as if he was sick. His presence was scary, yet something about his eyes held an incredible amount of charisma. Emma blinked and shook her head, it wasn't surprising to see the others following him, he had the aura of a leader.

"Silence? I thought you would have questions."

"I was just speechless, I apologize."

"It's fine, no need to use such formal language."