Chapter VI

Crimson, as far as the eye could see it was all dyed crimson. Leather boots covered in a dark and sticky substance, heels crushing the ground under them. In front of him stood a girl with her back turned, staring at the sea of corpses they had created.

"Maybe we went a bit overboard."

The girl kept silent before pushing a few strands of red locks behind her ear. It was hard to guess her expression from behind.

"To get rid of the sickness you need to get to the root of it."

She jumped down from the ledge, dusting off her shirt which was dirtied with dust and blood. Her eyes shone a bright red when she finally turned back to face him, tongue sliding over a pair of lips tinted in the same intense color.

"Long as we have each other, I don't care what happens to these filth anymore."

Her boots followed a path around one of the fallen bodies, avoiding it as if it was something not worth looking at. He raised a brow, fixing his sleeves while trailing after her. The bittersweet feeling of revenge was still buried in his chest, the smell of blood and burnt wood that only furthered their resentment for the villagers. They had betrayed them, now they were buried along with their bigoted ways of living.

"Who really betrayed you?"

The whisper took his attention, turning back to see who it was that spoke but it was empty except for the dead bodies.

"Hey, you okay?"

The lights came back into view, the loud music filling her ears once again. Emma looked up from the ground where she had fallen down, Damia stood crouched right next to her with a confused expression.

"Come on, you gotta get up."

She nudged her shoulder and Emma finally found something to focus on, holding the hand she had reached out and standing up.

"Uh, what happened?"

"I could ask the same. I looked out for you after you disappeared and found you here like this."

Emma held her head and blinked a few times, was it another vision she saw?

"Come, I'll guide you to the exit."

Damia grabbed her hand, a soothing feeling spreading from her skin onto Emma's. She navigated through the sea of people with ease, soon arriving at a door near the back.

"You're always welcome to come for another visit, a more proper one."

Her hand softly trailed up over Emma's arm as she stressed on the word 'proper', making all of the hair on her arms stand up.

"S-sure, thanks."

Emma pulled her hand away and turned back to the door. It was a narrow hall with stairs that led out, darker and definitely quieter than the rest of the building. Her thoughts started clearing up as the sound got further away and she exited the building to a fresh breeze hitting her face. As soon as she got out Vihan emerged from a bunch of shadows from near the door.

"Finally, I was starting to get worried."

After taking a proper look at her, he raised a brow at Emma's disheveled appearance and chuckled.

"You look like a deer stuck at headlights."

She scoffed and dusted off the back of her shorts,

"Can we just go already?"

Vihan shrugged and stood away from the wall, turning his back and starting to walk. After a few seconds of getting her senses together Emma joined him, finally having the chance to look around and see what the Underworld looked like.