Chapter VII

In an instant Emma's beast acted up and drove her feet into the crowd, instinctively pushing her between the people and pursuing the source. Her feet quickly moved between the people while Emma looked around frantically, trying to understand where the trail was leading her. There was only one type of supernatural who could create such a reaction in her, and whoever that was they were nearby. She tried to distance every kind of sound and irritation from herself and focused her senses on the trail, cursing at herself for never training herself in tracking. She wasn't half as good at it as Dominic.

With the scent suddenly disappearing Emma stalled, stopping in her tracks and looking around. She kept walking through the crowd but the trail was no longer there.

"Damn it..."

She cursed, feeling angry at herself for the first time since she had come to the Underworld. It was relieving to know Kat was right in her guess that White Heather could have a hint about Jean's whereabouts, yet it was frustrating to think that she could have missed her only chance at getting closer to finding her.

Knowing that panic and anger wouldn't be of any help right now, Emma took a second to calm down. The sounds and the people around her started coming back in her vision, letting her walk to the side and cool off. She bumped shoulders with someone while walking, the hit sending her a bit off balance with the other person turning back in anger.

"Watch where the fuck you're goi-"

There was a moment of realization as the girl stopped and took in Emma's features, and so did Emma with an impending feeling of danger and doom surrounding her. Her blonde hair was all too familiar with the jacket full of patches now tied around her waist, the only missing thing was her bat full of nails. Right, Emma had broken that.

"Wait a second, you're that goddamn bloodsucker from the bar."

Emma stepped back nervously, quickly checking the walls behind her with a side glance. How long would it take for Vihan to warp her? Would he even be able to? Was he even in the room? She barely missed the hand grabbing at her neck with a side step, the girl's colleagues also taking notice of the action going on behind them.

"How the fuck did you even get in here?"

Her shock was quickly turning into anger with another attempt of grab swung towards Emma, slowly cornering her as the supernaturals around started taking notice of the action going on. Her second miss made the girl grit her teeth, an angry smile appearing on her mouth.

"You know, it is very unfortunate considering where you are. Because I'll make this place your fucking grave."

Without another warning she lunged forward, all kinds of thoughts about an escape and her possible death going through Emma's mind, if there was a fight that broke out her chances of survival were near zero. She braced for an impact, crossing her arms in front of her and placing her foot back as a support, but after a few seconds of wait there was nothing.

There seemed to be a quiet around them as she lowered her arms. The girl seemed frozen in her place with a tight grip at her nape, standing behind her was Tristan with an intimidating tone of red in his eyes.

"Did you forget the rules, Inga? Combat is strictly forbidden in White Heather."

Anger and hesitation battled in Inga's eyes before hesitation seemed to win over and her shoulders slumped. Seeing her calm down, Tristan took his hand away after making sure there wouldn't be any more action going on.

"I won't tell Rhi for this once if you leave peacefully, but don't push your luck again."

Her brows furrowed and she threw Emma a threatening look,