II: Lessons

One year later, I was training nonstop in the ways of the Jedi. Cin and I would travel to various planets taking out Separatists strongholds and liberating the people. And when we're not on missions, we would usually practice honing my Jedi skills. His training methods were unlike anything I've experienced before. It made me remember back in Christophsis, whenever my mom or dad would assign me chores, I would complain, but comparing it to his training, the chores were much more lenient than what I've been put through. Though Cin was a good teacher, there would be time where I would feel like he was being petty, spiteful, or just downright uptight about every little thing I would do, intentional or not. But I had told myself that I had to live with it, or I would be an estranged driver from the Jedi Order. As much as I resented the training, and at times resent Cin, I would continuously push on for my mother, and memory of my father. A year later, as I would continued my Jedi training and go on missions with Cin, I would discover that the Separatists would hold a blockade over on Christophsis by one an admiral of the opposing side named Trench of the Harch, a species of humanoid arachnids. It made me sick to my stomach to know that Count Dooku and his "Alliance" made another attempt to conquer my home. Let alone to prevent it from receiving any relief care. I wanted to help, but one of the Jedi informed me that Jedi Knight General Skywalker was in charge of the mission. After hearing plenty of stories of his valiant efforts in the war has made me even more confident that he will rid my home of Trench's blockade and deliver The Republic troops stationed there and my people the relief care package. On one of my Jedi training missions, Cin and I traveled to a Ruusan Moon and found a astromech droid in scrap. I salvaged it and brought it back to our ship. We returned to our republic cruiser and made repairs to the droid. Cin walked up to me and gave me a background of this droid. "Hmmm, from what I learned from General Skywalker, that droid was a Separatist spy. Why attempt to repair it?" "Because I believe in second chances. I believe in redemption. Plus, it's neat looking." "Very well padawan, you may proceed." Cin walks away and I continue my work. As I continue welding it's parts together, I found the code that addresses it to the Separatists. I've overwritten that code and reprogrammed it with a Republic coding, while keeping it's personality and unconventional tactics intact. It reactivates and beeps at me. "Hey there buddy, I'm Darryn, your new friend. You got a name?" It beeps and whirls as it's own form of communication and somehow, I understood it. "R3-S6, huh? And sometimes Goldie and Stubby? Well I'm not gonna call you any of that. I'll stick with Arrthree instead, how's that sound?" R3 beeps in excitement.

As he kept on beeping and rolls around, I was receiving a transmission from Cin

As he kept on beeping and rolls around, I was receiving a transmission from Cin. "Darryn, come to the bridge." "Yes, Master. C'mon Arrthree." My newfound astromech droid and friend and I made our way to the bridge. We found Cin looking at the holomap. "You summoned me, master?" "Padawan, where is The Force?" "Everywhere master. It surrounds us and resides in all living things." "And what is our philosophy?" "There is no chaos, there is harmony. There is no death, there is the Force. The Jedi believe themselves to be peacekeepers. They act based on a code of selflessness, intentionally giving their lives to the protection of the freedom of others." "Good. Come padawan, it's time." I was confused. "Time? Time for what master?" We traveled to the hangar and board a Jedi space shuttle and traveled to a snow covered planet.