IX: Confrontation

As I drift into slumber, hours would pass until inevitably dawn has risen and I overslept. R3 kept beeping to wake me up, to no avail. An idea suddenly popped in his CPU and activated his electroshock probe and shocked me with it. "Yeeow!" I yelped as I jumped out of bed and groaned in pain. "Arrthree! What gives?!" He beeps in laughter. "Yeah, yeah. Laugh it up, rust-bucket. Wait, what time is it?" He tells me and it was then I realized, I overslept. I didn't have any time to put on my Jedi garments, so I rummaged my quarters and managed to find some casual clothes.

With some minor adjustments from the only mandalorian armor they had and some of the pieces I've used on my Jedi robes, I've lowered my sleeves and added the arm armor plating to both my arms with both shoulder armor, exposing two straps that held...

With some minor adjustments from the only mandalorian armor they had and some of the pieces I've used on my Jedi robes, I've lowered my sleeves and added the arm armor plating to both my arms with both shoulder armor, exposing two straps that held them together on my chest. I added a shin guard, a boot cap and knee armor to only my right leg. I threw on some fingerless gloves and R3 and I bolted out the door. Luckily, we manage to catch them in time before they've departed for the raid. Quora saw us an gave a smart and snarky-looking smile. "Well, look who's awake!" They would all gave us hearty laughs. "Nice threads. Alright people! Hear up!" I stood beside her as she prepares to give them a speech. "We've been fighting for a while now. We've lost friends, family, and even our homes. But all of that changes today. Today, we will march on the streets of Esso and reclaim what The Empire has taken from us." Some of the people in the crowd start to whistle and cheer. "Yeah!" One shouted. Quora laid her hand in front of me and prepared to introduce me to her rebel troops. "For those who don't know, he is a Jedi." Gasps and whispers spread among them. Can't really blame them though, for so long they were all under the assumption that all the Jedi and the order were dead. "His name is Darryn Y'Zalli. And he will be helping us end the Empire's hold on Esso!" The rebels got more riled up as they shout numerous agreements and battle cries. "Today, we show The Empire that we're not afraid!" The troops rally. "Now let's move out!" She shouted as they all, including Quora, R3 and I, hopped onto speeders, while others teamed in pairs armed themselves in their newly built rebel tanks. "Good luck out there...General." Quora said. I was in shock and suprised that I was suddenly promoted to the rank of General. An hour later we've arrived to the city. Though today seemed a bit...strange. The place was a total ghost town. R3 beeps to me nervously. "You and me both." "What did he say?" Quora asked. "He's got a bad feeling about this." We've arrived at the Imperial Embassy and to our surprise, no guards. Quora motioned her troops to stop, we hopped off our speeders and inspected the outside of the building. "Why isn't there any stormtroopers at their posts?" I questioned. She would shift her sight to look upon the towering building. "Maybe to double security inside. Darryn, you're with me, the rest of you stand watch." I lean over to R3. "Notify me at the first sign of trouble." He beeps agreeing as Quora and I enter the building only to find it empty. We found an elevator, we enter it and push the top floor button, the doors slide close and took us up. "I don't like this." I said breaking the silence. "Me neither. If Shaw is in his office, we'll have to be swift before he unraveled any hidden trick up his sleeves." The elevator dings and opens. We zoomed across the corridor until we arrived at Shaw's office. Quora shot the control panel and the door opens, and we found Shaw typing away on his advanced computer. He presses one final button and stops typing. "Turn around. Slowly." Quora commanded sternly aiming her fathers blaster at him. I withdrew my lightsaber as he slowly turns facing us. "So, it has all come down to this. Well, you got me. Now what?" "Now you die." "Oh I wouldn't worry about me. As a matter of fact, I would worry about your friends outside." Quora and I looked confused. Outside, the troops were guarding the building when all of a sudden, the felt something thumping the ground, as if something or someone is taking heavy footsteps. The thumping grew closer and louder as they heard machinery at work. To their complete horror, from a near by corner, out comes a small army of stormtroopers and a massive gray war droid walking on four legs, has twin cannons on each arm and is protected by ray shields.