VII: Morals

We returned to the base with our tails between our legs as we were short-handed. Most of our rebels were injured or worse, and most of the metal from the imperial convoy was pretty much unsalvageable. Quora was speed walking ahead of me and I was trying to catch up to her. "Quora." I try to call her, but she kept on walking. "Quora!" I shouted her name as I grabbed her forearm. She stopped and yanked her arm out of my grip and faced me with an angered expression. "Quora, we can't keep doing this. You, can't keep doing this. That convoy was a trap and you know it." She strolls off again. "I know." She simply said. "This was just like at the inner-city district. You charged them head on, without any recon, or the regard of safety for your troops or the people of Esso!" She grew angry. "I'm trying to liberate Esso, and avenge my father." She argued. "I understand that, but you—". She interrupts me. "Don't confuse your Jedi master for a father or a mother. You can't possibly understand what's it like to lose someone as close as a parent." She storms off again. Little did she know, I knew better than anyone. Meanwhile, back the imperial headquarters, Thornton Shaw was supervising their top secret projects, while the inquisitors arrived to give their report of their mission. "Ah, Thirteenth and Twelfth. I trust the mission was a success?" Shaw questions them. "General Shaw, our task was... less than successful." The Twelfth Brother informed. "The cargo train crashed, but the Pantoran and the Jedi managed to escape." The Thirteenth Sister added. Shaw remained silent for a moment. "And what of the remaining insurgents?" He asked. "Dead sir. After the crash, there weren't many survivors. Including our own troops." The Twelfth Brother reported. Shaw then grew a small smile. "Then the mission was a total success after all." The inquisitors had a confused look on their faces. "With their forces at such minimal level, they can't afford to spread their forces across the city and they will have no other choice but to gamble on an a full frontal assault." He turns to face them. "Which means, we have move this project ahead of schedule." "General, allow us to assist you in your mission to put an end this resistance and the Jedi." The Twelfth Brother suggested. "That won't be necessary. The both of you, along the other inquisitorius have been summoned by the Grand Inquisitor himself on Coruscant." Shaw informed them, as he turns away from them. "As for compensation, Governor Tarkin was kind enough to send me a more...suitable replacement." As he explains, a door behind the inquisitors suddenly slides open. As the inquisitor duo turned their attention to the door, a mechanized figure walked through the arches of the mechanical doorway. "Dismiss." Thornton said. The inquisitors exited the room, as he begins to debrief. "I trust that you are informed of our current situation with the rebels?" The metallic figure speaks. "I am." It confirmed.  "And how do you tend to approach this obstacle?" Thornton questioned. "Just lend me a squadron of stormtroopers. I know how their kind think. Someone cries for help, and the Jedi comes a' runnin' to their aid in like a knight in shining armor, then sparks will fly, and fires will spread." Back at the Black Thunder base, Quora was at her personal war room quarters looking over battle plans. As she study's her holo-table, I stepped up to her door and knocked on it, making sure it was a gentle knock but while making it just loud enough for her to hear it. "Enter." The door slides open and I entered her room. "Hey um...the troops were wondering on what's our next move." She ignores me as she continued to study the Imperial complex. I then took a deep sigh. "I was only a child when the Separatists invaded my home. In little over a week, they've completely taken over our capitol and inevitably, the planet. Their forces severely outnumbered our military, and my father left my mother and me to help drive them off Christophsis. A wave of droids overwhelmed his forces and he along his other soldiers were killed. It was just me and my mother surviving the bombings and constant firefights between the Republic and the Separatists." Quora finally faces me with her watery eyes as I sat down. "I left Christophsis with a Jedi in hopes of returning one day as a Jedi master to protect my mother and what's left of my home. But I was too late." Quora still facing me with teary eyes was about to say something, but her holotable was blaring alarm beeps. She inspects the the red highlighted area on the holomap. "Looks like a squad of stormtroopers are ransacking the market district in the city." I stood up. "We're underhanded as it is. If it's a small team of them, I can take care it." As I begin to leave, Quora grabs my forearm. "Call if you need backup." I nodded as she lets go and I depart from her room. As he watches me leave, she took a sorrow filled look at a the portrait of her parents.

"C'mon bud

"C'mon bud." Arrthree beeps mischievously as we hop on a nearby speeder and depart from the base. At the market district, groups of stormtroopers were harassing clerks, shoppers, and was causing property damage as the metallic figure watched from the rooftops. As I arrive, one of the troopers spotted me. "It's the Jedi! Open fire!" They raised their blasters and fires, as the gold and black astrodroid evades the blasters by ejecting from the speeder with his altitude jets, and I veered my speeder, making it slide toward the troopers on the front line. I leap into the air, igniting my lightsaber, deflecting the blaster bolts with my right hand while charging force energy in my left. As I begun to fall to the ground, I raised my left hand into the air, building more energy as I came crashing into the ground. I sent my left hand into the ground and extended my right hand resulting to a force shockwave, repelling the stormtroopers as they were sent flying in various directions. I switched off my lightsaber, roose from the ground as Arrthree lands next to me and stood up checking on the people as they started gasping, whispering and pointing at me. "Bravo Jedi! You've put on quite a show." I directed my attention to the mysterious voice congratulating my victory. "You're done hurting these people, and this world. Tell Shaw and his imperial lackeys to pack it up and get out of here." The mysterious man hopped over the ledge of the roof, landed and spoke to me. "So predictable. Just like the others." I saw the figure up close and got a clear picture and a pretty good idea of who was in charge for this ransacking. 

His mechanical body looked that of the Jedi killer General Grievous

His mechanical body looked that of the Jedi killer General Grievous. "Who are you?" The Mon Calamarian chuckles. "I guess we haven't met during the Clone War. The name's Karbin, and I've been assigned to take down a Jedi on Esso." He sets aside his cape, drew his lightsaber from his waist, ignited it and pointed to me. "Which happens to be you. While I gotcha here, would you be so kindly as to point me the base of your rebellious operations?" I get into my battle ready stance and ignited my lightsaber. "Heh, you must be on some bad death sticks if you think I'm gonna give you the base coordinates." Karbin withdrew three additional lightsabers, ignited them and begun spinning them.

" Karbin withdrew three additional lightsabers, ignited them and begun spinning them

"Oh I was hoping you would make this difficult. Makes it more exciting." There we both stood still. The wind blowing, waiting for one and another to make the first move.