8. A Wrong Chance.

Play: Don't Let Me Down 🎶

My life has never been so eventful

My life has never been so eventful. Well, it sure had been but never had been so brooding and scary. The blood soaked through his ripped white shirt and coat. I was too drunk to emphasize what was happening and being as horny as I was I just kissed him. Oh fuck! I kissed him. I got up with a jerk and analyzed the silk sheets and the room. It was his home. Well, I was still wearing my clothes. So we didn't do it. Moreover, I don't feel anything and I can guess he must be big so of course I must have been sore- Oh crap Jannat! Focus. Just focus.

"I need him dead!" someone seethed in a low menacing whisper but was enough to set chills through my veins. My head snapped to the source of the musky voice and it was him. His bare back was visible as he was standing resting his left hand on the white railings and his hand cupped the poor expensive phone tightly. It might have been crushed if he pressed anymore.

"Dead?" I whispered so low that it was not even audible to myself.

"I don't care Enzo, I just want Xavier Russo dead. He dared to mess with what's mine. If I had not gone there on time then she- I just don't even want to imagine the consequences. We were going to pull him down anyway I need you to end him for me because I would be busy with her. I need to give her answers that she surely will ask. I don't think I am ready to tell her about me being in the mafia."

"No. Not today. Yes I get it now get done with what I said."

He continued as I rested myself on the bed again turning to the side and contemplating my emotions as I closed my eyes.

Mafia? He is a criminal?

But he seemed so nice, down to earth, sweet and whatnot. But definitely not a criminal. Though, he turned out to be one. What did I get myself into? Is he going to sell me to a brothel? Or kill me? It doesn't seem so but I can't take my chances and sleep on a criminal's bed. Fuck! I am damned!

I closed my eyes tightly as I felt the bed dip beside me. He snaked his heavy arm over my waist as his face rested in the crook of my neck inhaling my scent. I controlled myself to jerk him off me.

"You make me do things that I would never imagine, Amore. Just don't reject me anymore, I will die. There is this new found happiness that I feel around you and I was never like this. Since that bitch killed my father I came to be ruthless and heartless but now I feel like I can live and not just survive. This lust to live can only be possible with you beside me. I fell in love with you. Just you." He whispered and I found myself getting overwhelmed.

I could feel his tears smother my neck as I turned back facing him. I don't know the heck I am doing but I just felt the need to comfort him. His eyes dilated for a second since he didn't expect me to listen to him.

"Since when were you awake?" he questioned and I lied, "Since you confessed to me." I smiled at him. "Oh." was his reply.

"What 'oh'?" I said as I wiped his tears.