23. Reconcile.

Play: Rockabye 🎶

The gates of the Torricelli Mansion were opened as the Mercedes entered the cosmic visage of the beautiful and intimidating mansion

The doctors were quick to take Jannat to their own chambers. Luckily, she was only deprived of energy. A few bruises on her wrist as she had to fight against Guz to defend herself.

Massimo was beside her the whole time not looking anywhere except her bruised up face. He wished to kill the bastard twice who dared to lay a hand on her. He held her small warm hand in his.

"Sir, you have been here for hours now. I suggest you to rest and have some food." The doctor said, not fearing the young man in front of him since he had seen him grow up to a responsible person since young.

"When will she wake up?" Massimo asked not taking his eyes off her.

"In a couple of hours, Sir,"

"Leave for now,"

"Yes sir,"

As the doctor closed the door of the room Massimo remembered the irony of it. This was the same place where he had been lying down when Jannat had treated him. The hospital was their first official meet up. And now..

Massimo got up from the bed where he was sitting in an uncomfortable position to be beside her. He kissed Jannat's forehead and whispered,"I wish you all the best for your life. I am sorry for everything and take care of yourself,"

Not sparing her another glance to not weaken his already weakened heart he stormed off the hospital not playing heed to the doctor who was calling him continuously.

He entered his room remembering her again. The room smelled like her or her scent was something he could smell everywhere like it has been imprinted in his brain. Entering the wardrobe he could see her clothes, bright colors contrasting his dark black, navy or grey ones. He realised he has to get used to the darkness now. He tried, a lot. But moving her heart is not possible when it already has someone inside. He isn't angry like before since he knows how it is to be in a one-sided love.

He is not going to see her ever. He will protect her from far away but seeing her when he is already so weak, he can't. He be better dead than cage her again.

He is not going to see her ever again.

The realisation hit him like a thunderclap and he fell on his knees crying his heart out as his palms rested on the floor.

"Why? Why always me? Am I that unworthy of love?" He whispered faintly as his throat was clogged because of his overwhelmed self.

💔

Blinking her eyes uncomfortably Jannat sat on the bed, her limbs tired from all the violence she had gone through in the dungeon, she doesn't want to remember again. Suddenly her eyes widened in realisation as she was already in her home. Home. It feels all giddy when she says this. Ignoring her digressive thoughts she stood up from the bed, Suhani was already there as she dashed open the door and hugged her sister, crying out loud.