Chapter 8: family night

*Later that night*

Shawn had driven me home and before I even had one foot in the door my family pulled me inside and closed the door.
"How was it?! Was he sweet? Where did you go?"
"Guys calm down let me at least take my coat off"
"Alright fine but come into the living room in 10 minutes, it's family night"
"But it's nearly 11pm"
"Well we waited for you, we couldn't exactly do family night without you know... the family, besides it will give you plenty of time to tell us about your date" they all filter into the living room while I take off my coat and kick off my shoes placing them into their cubbyhole before walking into the living room where my family had so kindly set up a game of monopoly, my favourite.

I sat down at the table and picked my token, when we first began family night we played monopoly and we all got to pick a token that would be ours every time we played: I was the dog, tony was the hat, mum was the iron, dad was the boat, Nathaniel was the shoe and Cole was the car. We each rolled both dice to decide the order in which we would play.the scores were as follows:
Me: 9
Mum: 8
Dad: 7
Tony: 5
Cole: 7
Nathaniel: 8

We started playing and the questions began rolling in, I did my best to answer them as they came but when it comes to monopoly I always win and I wasn't about to stop plotting out my entire strategy and a back up strategy.
"So where did you go?" Cole asked
"A nice picnic area on the cliff side with a stunning view of the city"
"Bet you weren't really looking at the city though much were you" Tony joked
"Tony! Honestly" mum scolded before joining in in the snickering everyone was doing.
"Was he a gentleman?" My mum asked
"He was more than that, he was perfect"
"Did he do anything in any way that may require me to get my shotgun from
The shed"
"Jesus dad, no" I laughed at just how silly the question was, he was a celebrity and a total sweet heart, anyway back to the game. My mum hit my dads arm with a slight tap because of his question.
"What? I gotta pay attention to ma boy and make sure nothing or no one hurts him"
"Well you should pay more attention the game at hand because I just completed my third colour set meanwhile you guys have been distracted by all these questions" they all looked down at the board in astonishment, all except Nathaniel who was just smirking at me.
"Well Y/N you've been so busy in Shawn land that you didn't notice me claiming the utilities, railway stations and the entire right side of the board"
My neck snapped back to the board and I was horrified to see how much Nathaniel had claimed due to my lack of attention.
"Well I'll still beat you"
"Game on"