𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑂𝑟𝑖𝑔𝑖𝑛

While Elijah was explaining to the others of what would go on tonight all I could think about was seeing Klaus again. I hate him for what he did but do I want him dead?

I walked into the guest room I was sleeping in and thought about the past when we were kids.

10 Century

"Nik, nik, nik!" Emilia was running through the woods searching for Niklaus.

It was there birthday and they were just turning 10. Every morning on their birthday they'd meet up with each other in the woods to wish each other a happy birthday before all the others did.

"Emilia slow down I'm right here." Niklaus smiled calming her down.

"Happy Birthday Nik!" Emilia hugged him with a happy smile on her face.

"Happy Birthday Emilia!" Niklaus hugged Emilia.

"Now Niklaus shall we walk to the village and be attacked by your siblings or shall we go to my family first." Emilia smiled.

"We shall go to yours first." Niklaus smiled and held out his arm which Emilia looped hers around.

Niklaus and Emilia walked over to the village where Emilia's parents lived.

As they continued walking with a smile on their face it quickly turned into fright. As they walked into the village no one was there. Emilia walked into her house to see if her parents were there and say the bodies of her lifeless parents. Emilia screamed and Niklaus ran into the house scared for what was happening.

"Oh my god..." Nik stopped at the sight of her parents.

"Mother! Father! No, no, no, no! Please don't leave me! Please! Mother! Father! Please wake up!" Emilia shook their bodies trying to wake them up. The blood on there bodies got on her hands as she shook them and traveled to her once beautiful dress.

Nik grabbed Emilias arm and pulled her in a hug.

"Nik... they're dead... they left me" Emilia continued to cry in Niklaus' arms as he continued to hold her silently crying.

"It's ok Emilia it's going to be ok come on we have to go get help." Niklaus picked her up and went over to the other village where his family lived.

Niklaus' family was waiting at the front of there house waiting for Nik and Emilia. They already knew they sneaked out into the woods. It'd happen every year and Mikeal would get angry but Ester would calm him down reminding him it was their birthday and no negativity should surround the day.

While the Nik's siblings waited outside Ester was cooking the food they'd eat later and Mikeal was out buys ingredients Ester still needed.

As the kids waited in the from Niklaus and Emilia started to come into view. The kids were about to run up to them and scream happy birthday and give them hugs but didn't once they saw Emilia.

She was covered in blood and her eye's were puffy and red from crying so much.

Finn and Elijah told the kids to go inside and Elijah went to get Ester.

When Ester came out. she saw Emilia and went over to ask her what happened.

"Emilia what happened. Are you ok? Niklaus what happened?" Ester looked between the two.

"M-my m-my parents. They're d-dead." Emilia looked at Ester as ester's mouth dropped.

Ester ended up getting some other villagers to help out with Emilia's parents and bury them. Ester had brought Emilia inside her home and got her changed into some other cloths.