6: Dancing Queen

So far, the masquerade hadn't gone as planned.

Meeting a past lover, seeing one of the most dangerous ancestor duos, and being pulled into a party.

But the adventure was far from over.

~~~~

Y/n stood in the corner of the dance hall, away from most everyone.

Never in her many years of travel did she think she'd run into an ex lover down the road. Never in a million years did she think she'd think she would attend a masquerade ball.

Her eyes lingered towards the floor, finding Karl dancing. Her lips turned into a small frown.

Never in a million years did she think she'd have a partner too.

Why'd she need a partner anyways? It's not like Karl even helped that much. Y/n didn't even need help! Both of her parents were time travelers, her aunt and uncle, cousins and brother too.

So why now?

She looked down at her watch, almost as if it would hold the answer she was seeking.

Yet, nothing.

Great.

"So uh, are you enjoying the ball?" James asked.

"Oh, uh yeah it's pretty cool here."

James nodded at her response, and air of awkwardness fell over them.

"Y/n..." James gently put her hand in his, "You said you'd never come back, but here you are!"

Y/n turned to face the man, she could see a sense of desperation and wonder in his eyes. She sighed to herself as she looked down at her feet, unsure of what to even say.

"Look, my dear you look so lovely tonight... please let us have this dance, just the two of us?"

Y/n sighed as she nodded a quick yes. A small, insignificant dance with James wouldn't hurt, right?

The two made their way on the dance floor, James held her waist and y/n put her hands on his shoulders.

They swayed to the music, they other party guests talked around them as the did so, not drawing much attention to the two of them.

"Just like we used to do huh?" James said, smiling.

Y/n only nodded as she swayed to the music, her eyes glued to the floor.

"Hey..." James gently pulled her face up to meet his, "don't act like a stranger now." He joked.

Y/n giggled a little, her eyes now glued to him.

"I never thought I'd see you again..." she whispered.

"I know. But here we are, we get a second try, right? You're gonna stay this time?" James asked, his eyes hopeful.

"I don't know James I-"

"Please?" He cupped her face, starring deep into her eyes.

"I-uh."

"Hey, Y/n! Let's dance!" Karl butted in, knocking the two ex-lovers apart.

James grumbled but walked away, most likely to get absolutely wasted drunk, leave the two time travelers to dance.

"Thanks Karl, I owe you one big time!" Y/n sighed in relief.

"It's not problem! That what's friends are-"

"Guests! Let's play a game!"

Y/n and Karl looked over to Sir Billiam, confusion in both their eyes.

Beep

You better hide.

Thanks weird watch person.

~~~

"Karl!" Y/n called out, seemingly out of breath.

"What's wrong? Are you ok?" Karl asked, worry on his face.

"Someone is killing people! He have to go we have to-"

Not yet~

"Fuck. Okay, just stay together and we will be fine I-"

A loud scream male scream could be heard from afar.

"James!"

Y/n dashed down the hall, open many doors to try and fine her old lover and friend.

"James? Where are? James please I'm sorry I-"

He laid in front of an empty closet, Oliver standing by.

"I'm sorry y/n I couldn't see who didn't it." Oliver said, hanging his head.

All the poor girl could do was cover her mouth, tears streamed down as she fell to her knees, reaching out for him.

"I'm so sorry my love! I'm so sorry..."

"Y/n!" Karl yelled as he sprinted into the room.

"Are you ok? I heard crying and- oh..." he said as he spotted James' dead body on the floor.

"I-I'm sorry, y/n."

~~~

"Karl we need to go." Y/n said, her cheeks still stained with tears.

"No we have to figure out what's wrong with this place! We have to stay!" Karl argued back.

The two made their way downstairs to meet Sir Billiam.

"Ah! I see you two have made it out alive!" He laughs.

The two time travelers look at each other.

Screw this, watch, out!

Me too watch, me too...

~~~~

AHHH HI OK I PROMISE I STILL CARE ABOUT THIS BOOK!!

Tbh I just lost a love for writing it, and I'm really sorry Yall! And I'm so sorry it's short, i didn't have much planned with this chapter to begin with anyways! But I promise is will try to update this along side "In Between the Flames" and my one shot book!
Hope y'all have a wonderful day/night/afternoon!
Mwah mwah!