φ.

Phasmaphobia - fear of ghosts

Aza found herself trailing closely to the woman, pathetically wanting to be close to the woman. She was just so beautiful, and so kind - what was there not to like about the Princess of Colchis! The woman led them towards the cosmetic counter. "Shall we start with the potions?"

"Yes, please," Aza immediately said, giving the woman a shy smile, which the princess returned with dazzling teeth. Piper stepped forward, gently pulling at Jason's arm and giving Aza a strange look through furrowed brows. "Guys, we're here to get the storm spirits and Coach Hedge. If this - princess - is really out friend-"

"Oh, I'm better than a friend, my dear," the princess responded. "I'm a saleswoman." Her diamonds sparkled brighter, and her eyes glittered like molten gold. "Don't worry, we'll work our way down to the first floor, eh?"

Leo nodded happily and cheered, "Sure, yeah! That sounds okay, right Piper?" Piper stared at Leo, her eye twitching slightly, but the daughter of Aphrodite didn't protest anymore and instead gave a resigned sigh. Her highness put her hands on Jason and Aza's shoulders, steering them towards the potions. "Of course it's okay. Come now, children."

Leo bounded after them instantly, with Piper trailing reluctantly behind. Once they reached the granite counter, the princess waved towards it and said, "And here is the finest assortment of magical mixtures anywhere."

She began picking up the vials and holding them out to Jason, Leo and Aza, explaining their uses - there was a blue one that would give you the ability to breathe underwater, a purple one that would make someone fall in love with you, a green one that would give you luck. "And this," she pointed to a bloodred vial, a simple test tube with a small cork stopper. "This one will heal any illness."

"Any disease?" Aza echoed, furrowing her brows lightly. "Would it heal mental illnesses as well? Depression? Anxiety?"

"Any disease, my dear," The princess confirmed. She then pointed towards a small swan-shaped container. "And this one will kill you very painfully."

Aza nodded, impressed. Piper stepped forward, grabbing Aza's shoulder and shaking her slightly. "Hey, Aza, come on," the daughter of Aphrodite turned to Jason, tugging at his sleeve. "We've got a job to do, remember?" Aza shrugged lightly - what was the harm in shopping for a few more moments? Maybe they could find something to help them in... whatever it was that they were doing; honestly, Aza couldn't remember too well, but she didn't find herself really caring.

"Job to do," Jason repeated "Sure, yeah."

"But shopping first, right?" Aza asked, looking up at the boy. Jason looked back at her and nodded, a small smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah, shopping irst."

Piper looked back to the red vial, as if a new thought came over her. "Could that potion cure memory loss?" The princess narrowed her eyes, tilting her head as if to consider the question. "Possibly. Yes, quite possibly. Why, my dear? Have you forgotten something important?"

"How much?" Piper asked, stepping closer to the princess. The woman got a faraway look in her eyes. "Well, now. Price is always tricky, my dear. I love helping people; I do! And I always keep my bargains, but sometimes people try to trick me. Once, for instance, I met a handsome young man who wanted treasure from my father's kingdom. We made a bargain, and I promised to help him steal it."

"From your own dad?" Jason asked, his brows furrowing like the idea bothered him. The princess placed a hand on his shoulder and assured, "Oh, don't worry. I demanded a high price. The young man had to take me away with him! He was quite good-looking, dashing, strong," she looked to Piper with a knowing look in her eyes. "I'm sure, my dear, you understand how one might be attracted to such a hero, and want to help him."