𝒫𝒶𝓇𝓉 𝟣𝟣 "𝒜 𝒵𝒾𝓃𝑔"

║Ella Pov║

║Ella Pov║

After Mavis walked away and turned the corner, Markus turned around and started walking down the hall. I am assuming towards the lobby like he said he would. His left arm was still around my waist while he walked, so he was basically dragging me along with him. I wouldn't have complained about this position we were in if only it didn't feel like heat was radiating from his hand where he was touching me. It was so noticeable I really couldn't focus on anything but that. I can't tell if that was a good thing or not, so just to be sure I decided to move a few spaces from him.

My small steps to the left of Markus left the two of us a foot or two apart. When I slowly moved further away from Markus, his left arm that was wrapped around me loosened, and eventually, his arm fell right back to his side. The warmth that once was on my waist faded and left a tingling feeling on my side. A part of me felt disappointed by it, but at least I can focus on what's happening now.

There was silence between us as we walked down further through the hallway. Eventually, Markus broke the silence with his calm and husky tone voice.

"Random question. I was thinking back on when we first met...and I was wondering what was your first thought of me. Or how you felt.." He asked. His tone sounded anxious but his face showed otherwise.

"That is a random question" I responded back while turning my head towards him. We both moved side by side down the hallway, but our attention on one another never broke. Markus had to look down a little because of my height, only just reaching his shoulders.

"Well, when I first met and spoke to you. I would have to say mysterious, somewhat cool vibes?" As I spoke, my right hand went under my chin and my left hand went under my right arm to support it. My whole pose looked like I was about to solve a murder as my attention turned to the front. Getting some 'Case Closed vibes'.

"Is that the right word for it? I mean you did fly through a window and transformed right in front of me from a bat." My attention turns back to him. A low chuckle was the only response I got after I answered his question.

"That's not what I mean," Markus said. His right hand scratched the back of his neck in response to his embarrassing state. I guess the sudden compliment surprised him. "I guess I should word it more specifically. Though having you say I was cool wasn't so bad." A cheeky smile formed on his lips.

My confusion and lack of response only signaled him to continue speaking.

"When we first laid eyes on each other. In the lobby when Johnny crashed into me and Mavis. Did you perhaps feel anything? A spark, a tug, or any uncommon feeling towards me when our eyes locked?" His voice at first was hesitant but eventually, he became much confident in speaking.