Chapter Seven:

DUMB AND DUMBER
»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

"Hey, guys? What got everybody in a tizzy?" I sat on Kaito's desk as we waited for him to get to class.

"Apparently there's gonna be a new kid in our class." I felt a slight draft and promptly whacked Kaito on the head." Be more creative."
"Owwie" His lack of remorse made me feel better about lack of control. I pushed him into his seat and threw him a breakfast bar. " This is suspicious, why are you giving me food instead of stealing mine?"

"Oh, class is starting, bye-bye." I hopped off his desk and tucked myself into my chair behind him.

»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«»«

"Everything will come to light." *Oh my god, this dude is so annoyingggg~ It's currently blah blah blah, "I swear this dude is going to start sucking the brain cells out of me" speaking under my breath to Kaito. He made a small choking noise which he tried to play off as coughing.

"Seriously this dude." Kaito whispered back then slightly shifted toward me, "You are going to get me in trouble."

"It's not like you wouldn't have ended up there anyway." He shut up as the class raced on how cool Hakuba was. I was thankful that he was seated towards the front with fewer things to explain to Kaito and Aoko the better.

The day dragged on and the school quickly moved on from Hakuba to their favorite phantom thief. Gossip of KID being on TV tonight, live of all things too. I suppose I won't be able to rehearse with Nakamori tonight as I was there to buffer between the camera crew and the police. Perks of living in front of the silver screen.

Kaito was hunched over his phone doing his tiny gremlin laugh. "Broadcasting live, huh? I get more good luck as a robber than I deserve." His voice was inaudible as he went on.

"MORNING KAITO!" Aoko was excited, to say the least as I woke up from my slumber.

"Aoko babe, please think of the children." Aoko looked at me a bit guilty but quickly went back to being a ray of sunshine blinding my eyes.

"Hey, listen to this! Recently, I entered a contest to try to win Around the World tickets! And what do you think happened?" I gave a small smile at how cute she is.

"Yeah, I remember you talking to me on the phone 'bout that." While my voice was languid, Kaito's was less than je ne sais quoi, interested.

"Y-You won I guess."

"That's right!"
"Oh, that's great Aoko! We can go together if you want?"
"Perfect! But guess what it's a pair of tickets!" I stepped back a little because I knew she wanted her best friend to come. Knowing Nakamori he would not let Aoko go without some kind of scary dog privileges be it him; a police officer or a high school boy; ready to make fun of anybody.

Kaito seems to be less than amicable today," Your face totally gives it away, dingbat." But my lovely Aoko would not stand for this as I had my hands ready to pull on Kaito's cheeks so he'd apologize.
"Excuse me?! Talk to me like that, and I won't invite you!" Her hands slapped his desk as she got in his face.

Suddenly I could hear the devil behind me," It seems you're in a spot of trouble, my lady." My body visibly convulsed in repulsion.  He then turned to me as I hunched over into myself pulling my sweater over me. "Are you alright?"

My voice turned into Ran's as I desperately tried to get him to stop noticing me, "Oh yes, just cold." He turned back to Aoko.

"I'm 180 centimeters tall. I weigh 65 kilograms. I was born on August 29, 1997. I'm a Virgo. And if you don't mind that I'm blood type A," he grasped Aoko's  hand as he looked into her eyes," I would like to go with you." The devil then kissed my sweet Aoko's hand and she blushed. Kaito seemed to snap out of whatever mood he was in as he looked just as suspicious of Hakuba's intentions as me.