Chapter 8 - Disagreement

"What the hell, Sakura!?"

Sasuke flung Sakura's arm away, glaring at her with rage swirling in his eyes.

There was silence as sweat dripped down Sakura's face.

"I'm going back," Sasuke growled before turning around, only to be slapped by Sakura in the face.

"Kakashi sensei.....is dead by now," Sakura muttered, eyes hardened. "There's no use even if we go back there."

"So what!? We're just going to leave him there!?" Sasuke yelled.

"I don't want to carry your corpse back to Konoha too, you blockhead!" Sakura yelled, tears in her eyes. "Can't you even think about how others feel for at least once!?"

Sasuke's eyes widened.

"You were almost defeated by Naruto himself! It was because of me that you're standing here alive!" Tears flowed down Sakura's eyes. "At least do me a favour and keep yourself alive first!"

Sasuke clenched his fists and looked away.

"That guy just now was probably as strong as Naruto," Sakura said. "Knowing you, you would've rushed in and get yourself killed if I didn't stop you."

There was silence.

"We'll observe the house from outside first. If Kakashi-sensei's cor- Kakashi-sensei is in there, we'll go get him and return to Konoha," Sakura said.

Sasuke nodded slowly.

"If he's not, we'll return to Konoha to report this situation and we'll look for him," Sakura crossed her arms. 

"Chances are almost zero, but Kakashi-sensei might still be alive."

"Oi."

"Oiiiii."

"Wake up."

"OI!"

Kotetsu's eyes snapped open as he shook his head. "Whaat?"

"Stop napping. I feel someone's chakra signature approaching," Izumo said. 

"You take care of it," Kotetsu whispered before falling asleep again.

"Oh what the hell," Izumo sighed.

He walked away from the stand and stood in the middle of the entrance. "Maybe someone returned from a mission...?"

His eyes widened. "Oi, oi! Kotetsu! Wake up!"

"Whaaat???" Kotetsu groaned as he stood up, walking towards Izumo with his hands in his pockets.

"I smell blood," Izumo's eyes narrowed at the two figures slowly approaching from ahead as he flashed out a kunai quietly.

"Wait...Isn't that Sasuke Uchiha?" Kotetsu asked.

Their eyes widened.

Blood on both sides of their shoulders, Sakura and Sasuke were walking towards the entrance of Konohagakure with Kakashi Hatake's unmoving figure slung over his shoulder.

"Should we go...?" Kotetsu turned to Izumo.

"No...it might be an enemy ninja," Izumo whispered. "But go get some medics just in case it's them."

Kotetsu nodded quickly before running off, leaving Izumo at the gate.

As Sakura and Sasuke came closer into view, Izumo walked forward cautiously. "H-Haruno!"

"Kamizuki-san....." Sakura nodded softly. "There's...no need for a medic," she muttered as she set Kakashi down gently.

Izumo's eyes widened. "Kakashi.....is.....?"

There was no response.

"Izumo!!" Kotetsu yelled as he ran over to them, a few medics with him.

At last he could.....meet his team again.