Chapter 10 - Shinji

"Hey, old man."

"Oh, you're done with your training, Shinji?"

Shinji nodded before sitting down next to Yasuhiro, staring at the forests.

Since little, Shinji had never been anywhere except for the market down the hill, and this house where he stayed in with Yasuhiro.

"Say, old man. Who gave you the name Yasuhiro? It's weird," Shinji said as he squashed a few ants crawling around. "It sounds like a surname."

"My parents did, of course," Yasuhiro said with a smile.

"Where are my parents then? Dead like yours?" Shinji asked as he looked up at Yasuhiro.

"You want to know about them?" Yasuhiro asked. "Your dad....was an amazing person."

"Amazing?" Shinji muttered.

"I don't know much about your mom, but....she loves you. Very much," Yasuhiro patted Shinji's head. 

"Loves me...." 

At that moment, I thought.

Amazing? Love me?

My ass.

Why did they leave me then?

How pathetic. They wish for me to continue living yet they decided to leave me here.

"You have a twin brother too," Yasuhiro smiled. "Though you two barely look anything alike."

"A twin....brother?" Shinji's eyes widened. "Is he alive?"

"Yes....he's living in the village your father once lived in," Yasuhiro answered. "Your parents sacrificed their lives to protect your twin brother and yours."

I froze again.

I hated my parents even more. I resented them.

I resented them for leaving my brother alone.

"C-Can we go see him?" Shinji asked, eyes filled with hope.

I don't know why.

I've never felt this feeling before.

I felt like......I needed to see him. I needed him by my side. I needed....to...

...protect him...?

A sharp pain hit his head as Shinji winced slightly, clutching his head with his right hand.

What the hell was that?

"You want to go...see him?" Yasuhiro muttered.

"Yes, can we???" Shinji asked eagerly.

Yasuhiro sighed. "Do you really want to?"

"Of course!" Shinji yelled.

Yasuhiro patted Shinji's head with a smile. "Well, what about tomorrow?"

Shinji's eyes widened.

"Sure!"

"Names?"

Izumo twirled his pen, giving Shinji a small smile.

"This is my nephew, Hiroki Fujimori. I'm Yori Fujimori," Yasuhiro answered.

"Reason for visiting?" 

"We're here to visit this boy's father, Kazuhiro. He came here to work for someone, I forgot who it is," Yasuhiro laughed lightly. "Boy misses his father, so I brought him here. It'll be a great surprise for Kazuhiro too."

"Ahh, I see," Izumo nodded before placing the form on a stack of papers. "Have a nice day."

"Thank you," Yasuhiro bowed slightly, pulling Shinji along as the black haired kid scoffed.

Izumo sweatdropped.

"What does he look like, old man?" Shinji asked, glancing around.

"I only saw him when he was a baby....but he had soft blond hair and whisker marks on his cheeks," Yasuhiro answered. "His name was Naruto Uzumaki."

"Naruto Uzumaki? What a weirdo," Shinji huffed. "Why don't we ask a few people around and speed this up already? Like that random lady across the street."

Yasuhiro sweatdropped.

"What!?"

It has been hours since they were walking around Konoha. 

"Doesn't look like there's a lot of blondes around," Shinji muttered.

"It should be easier to find him, then," Yasuhiro said.

Stopping as they heard a yell from behind, they spun around to see a blond kid screaming at a shop owner who screamed back.

"Oh look, a blond. That him?" Shinji nodded at the kid. 

"Why don't we go ahead and ask him?" Yasuhiro suggested.

Shinji shrugged and walked forward, only for his eyes to widen as the shop owner grabbed the kid up by his collar.

Running forward, he leaped and kicked the shop owner in the head, eyes filled with rage.

The blond kid's eyes widened.