WHEN YOU DO IT ALL YOU DO IS GET ON MY TITS

Little did I imagine that an innocent visit to John Reid and Sarah Forbes that Saturday could become one of the milestones in Queen's career.

Against all odds the couple was keeping their engagement although it was an open secret that John couldn't help some flirt once in a while.

Sarah was aware of his fiancee's double life but she was blindly in love with him and trusted all would end up settle down

Sarah was aware of his fiancee's double life but she was blindly in love with him and trusted all would end up settle down. She wanted fervently believe it.

- What time is Freddie's interview? -John asked casually to Sarah.

- Tony Stewart will be at one.

- Are you sure it's official? Freddie can't stand him. I told him not to do that.

- He told me he couldn't wait. In NME they adore us -she said ironic.

It was the legendary interview "Is this man a prat?" although I only knew Tony would choose that "inspired" headline to his interview and drawing the wrath of Freddie.

- I think I'd better go -I said rushly getting up the table.

- Why? Are you afraid of Tony too?

- Yeah, a little. Besides, if I'm staying things might get wrong. It looks like the press had stopped to write bullshits about us. Being together doesn't suit us.

- Bah, nonsense. Stay. You'll surely suit Freddie fine. I'm taking charge your presence here will kept secret.

I had a strange feeling. On one hand I was delighted to be a witness in such emblematic moment once again. On the other hand I knew in advance the great tension was going to unleash in that interview and I could't always deal with those situations quite well.

Tony Stewart hated Queen and specifically Freddie. His reviews were one degree above the ironic. He used to attack straight away. As fervent defender of the newly born punk movement, he regarded Queen's staging somewhat artificial and out of fashion. Anyway, the NME musical journalist was not a friend.

But Freddie loved the challenges. It came the day when he would give very few interviews, tired of talking about himself. But in 1977 he was in full bloom and it was exciting talking to someone who despised you.

Tony arrived before Freddie, of course. The first strategy with Queen leader was pissing him off with his tardiness. That was going to be the starter. The journalist had to sign a confidentiality agreement to not mention my presence here. If he had violated it, the paper would have to pay a fat fine.

- For a moment I thought I was going to interview you both -he stared at me smiling above his lens.

- You won't, cool down.

- Are you going to be here during the interview? To avoid the splashing of blood, I guess.

- I will only be here if Freddie wants to.