IT'S A CELEBRATION I

It was 5th september. I had marked that date in my mobile phone calendar, my home calendar, my work place calendar and in the diary I wrote in this travel. Freddie was turning 31 and was falling on Monday.

I was born on Monday. They told me I was doctor on Monday, Alex woke up from his coma on Monday. I didn't know if Mondays brought me good luck but they did match up usually with relevant things in my life.

I had underlined his birthday because I was very forgetful with dates. I rather was a complete wreck. That's why 5th september had all the colours of the rainbow in my different calendars. I knew Freddie was extremely thoughtful and never escaped him a date and loved buying presents.

What could I give to that freshly-made millionaire? He would love a sophisticated vase or an embroidered tablecloth but they wouldn't drive him crazy. Some of my drawings would be a moving gift which would disarm him but he had already several of them, framed orderly on the wall, by the piano. I had to rush into any good idea which could sweep away all the other luxury presents that they would give him.

When I got his beautiful invitation for the party I felt a shivering all over my body. That invitation I had seen it in a lot of his biographies and it was a piece fit for an auction in 2021 and now I had it in my hands. „Please, come to a banquet in celebration of my birthday at Country Cousin on Monday 5th september 77 at 9.00 p.m. Dress to kill! Love". Under those words were the party's address and the entrance street.

Freddie took care of everything

Freddie took care of everything. With each one of his invitations with his own handwriting I imagine he wouuld provide particular details for every one of his guests. Behind my invitation there were some words: "You can dressed to undress. I'll take care of the killing".

Suddenly the present with which I was racking my brain took a backseat to focus in the best way to dress, just to please him. Almost every piece of my wardrobe was easy to take off, I thought blushing.

I knew there would be photographs in the event because I had a lot of photos from this party. It was usual have a photographer or two to shoot whatever they liked. His birthday parties from now on would be great chances to exhibitionism for him. The people who were part of his entourage must endure being besieged by the flashes.

By some fraction of a second I contemplated the idea of not attending. I could give him the present privately and so I could avoid the uncontrolled besiege that it could be that event. But I thought better of it. Really there was no turning back for me.

One thing was balance the scale of time that was changing all the time since KillerQueen burst into scene and another thing was walking away from the obvious. If I missed the party, Freddie wouldn't forgive me.

So I glammed up myself carefully and placed my two choices of clothes together. Freddie's order was dress to kill. That involved being a lot riskier than I usually was. My style was well known by the women who sold out each thing that I chose to wear. I was a great fan of dresses, laces, baby collars, freedom to move and comfort. I looked the romantic dress that fitted into my models and then the other. What about the cruel blow of flashes would be less cruel, turning me into another person with that different outfit more radical and shocking? After all, weren't Freddie's parties a shameless exhibition of hedonism and sloppiness? Just one night it was alright. It would be fun.