...ahh...I can't breath...

*Flashback 6 years ago*

It was the time of Halloween again, Lucile and I were...just inside the house, doing our studies while the other kids were in costumes outside, getting candies from the neighbourhood. 

My parents never let us wear any costumes and getting candies because they think Halloween was an excuse for a holiday and was only made for selling useless things. And for some reason, they celebrate Valentines? Isn't Valentines the same thing?

I don't know, I can't make an argument with them, parents are always right after all.

But this Halloween, I wanted to do something different. I wanted to stay up till 12, wear a costume for the first time, and join my friends! So when everyone was already asleep, I dressed into my borrowed Dracula outfit, a paper bag for candies, and quietly head out.

It was 9 PM, and kids my age were still going trick-or-treating. That's great! I wonder if my friends from school are still around...

After a few hours later, I had my bag full of candies! Most of these were chocolate though than gummies...still, it's nice to have them! I haven't eaten chocolate since I was 7!

While I was devouring the chocolate bars on a stump, watching other children continue their candy mission, I see a little girl wandering around in a pink dress, holding a teddy bear.

'Haha, that's really cute! I wonder who's the little girl costuming as. She looks kinda like Lucile though!' I thought to myself and then...

'HOLY MOLY! It IS Lucile! In her pink nightgown and with her teddy bear'

I quickly bounced up and ran to her. I pulled her away from the people, and she quickly spins around at my touch. She looked like she just stopped crying.

"Lucile, what are you doing here?!" 

"Jack!" she immediately hugged me tightly. She was shivering from the cold, I unclip my Dracula cape and put it around her. "I-I woke up from a bad dream about a demon kidnapping you, and you weren't in your bed!" she stopped shivering, but she was starting to cry again.

"I waited but you didn't come back. I searched the house then the door downstairs was open so I...I came here to find you!"

And she just assumed I was outside? Well she is just 6 anyway.

"You're not supposed to be here, go home!" I scolded and tried pulling her away, but she only clutched me tighter.

"No! Not without you!" she cried.

"But I'm going to be here for awhile."

"Then I'll be with you until you come back!"

"Lucile, you need sleep."

"No! I don't need sleep...I'm..." a yawn came out of her. "Okay!"

Knowing how stubborn she is, she meant it when she said she won't leave me until we go home. But I still wanna go trick-or-treating, and at the same time, I don't want my sister to stay awake for so long. 

"Alright...come on, let's go home." I sighed, my mind didn't match my words but I had to end the fun here. 

She lights up and stopped crying. 

She finally pulled herself away and took my hand while we walked back home. I left my candies on the stump since it's not allowed back to the house anyway. Lucky whoever steals it.