Those methods would always work.

*Flashback 1 year ago*

Kevin and I were just standing at the side block, eating our ice cream cones under the cloudy afternoon while talking out and about, when two puppies ran towards us! One jumped into Kevin's arms, knocking the ice cream out of his hand and almost fell down from the impact.

His caramel ice cream...wasted. It hurts my heart.

The other kept barking at me, probably shouting death threats at me if it could speak human. But since it was a puppy, I couldn't care less about it and ignored its presence as I continued eating my ice cream. 

The athlete on the other hand was having a wonderful time with the puppy licking his face, laughter never seem to stop pouring out his lips. His laughs were always so rich with life, it was almost impossible to hear him laugh dull and strained.

A woman, about her 50's, came rushing to us breathless and sweating. She explained that it was her puppy's first time to be out in the open and ran out as soon as the doors were open, and the rest was history. 

Kevin managed to calm down his puppy's excitement quickly and cradled it in his arms. He gave the puppy to the woman, while I dropkicked the one who has been pestering me- nah I'm just joking, it was barking at me non stop, how am I suppose to grab it first thing anyway?

I don't like dogs and neither do them. So that makes me question how Kevin was such a pro at dogs; he's always know how to handle them and how they instantly liked the moment they see him, the puppy's reaction was the pure proof of it.

When the woman had her two fluff clouds with feet back and disappeared from sight, I glanced at Kevin and asked, "How are you so good with dogs? And how do dogs like you in an instant? I can't even say get one to stop barking at me!"

He turns to me and smiles sheepishly, fixing his long messy hair from the puppy's mess by pulling the small elastic band out and bit it between his teeth. Even if his hair was a jumble mess, he never looked hotter than before. Not to mention that bite around the hair band...it's sending bundles of feelings in my nerves.

"My dad owns an animal shelter just a few blocks away, and I usually help with the dogs there. The cats hate my presence to cooperate." he spoke through the teeth as he combs his hair with his hand, his voice still as smooth and alluring as he was.

"Really? I don't see why would the cats not like someone like you."

He takes the elastic band out from his mouth and tied his hair into a ponytail. "Maybe it all goes down to personality? I'm more of an outgoing friendly guy and you know how cats are. They're kinda...like you."

How could Kevin compare me with cats? I cocked my head in confusion. "Kinda like me? How?"

"Well, you're...shy, quiet, easy to frustrate, full of mood swings...yet you're likeable, understanding, and cute."

Ahh, that's understanda-wait did he just...admit I was 'cute'?!

No...NO DAMN WAY! I couldn't comprehend the fact, him, basically the definition of handsome and damn hot(or at least to me), is calling someone like me CUTE?! No that's not possible. I look like a walking recent dead corpse with a beating heart!

"Cute?!" I gawked, pointing at myself furiously in case he was referring to someone else, we are after all, on a sidewalk. 

But he only nods with a side smile. His brown eyes danced with...adoration and honesty? No that's not it. I'm just horrible reading emotions. But then he goes to say,