It may involve sneaking out of the house...

*Flashback 7 months ago*

I heard there was a new transfer student from the UK today, a 16 year old Freshman named Leslie Loughty.

And typically, new transfers would often have an aura of confidence around them and they'd flaunt their foreign accent at us, educating others about their country and culture, whatnot. 

It appears this new English student is rather shy and reserved, it's lunch break and I don't see her anywhere in the cafeteria; I know a new face when I see one, and all I saw were the same people I see everyday.

I thought of asking Kevin since he knows almost everyone in the school, he might know something about the new student. 

Slowly I approached the table he was sitting at, the basketball table; it was filled with loud laughter and howls from the basketball team while the cheerleaders sat at the table behind them, staring at the players with focused hungry and dilated eyes. 

"Hey, Kevin..." I slightly bend down to tap on his head to grab his attention. The ruckus the team was making suddenly died down as soon as they saw me. Kevin turned around, looked up and our eyes met...my legs weakened and my heart raced. 

"Ah, Jack! Hey, what brings you here?" he gives me a smile, which made my heart skipped a beat and the words stuck in my throat. His warm red clothes and his long mid long brown hair reminds me of the Autumn season, and I loved it than words could describe. This guy really has an effect on me, I couldn't help but stammer at this point. "I...uhh...the..uhm..." 

Come on! Damnnit! Say what you wanna say! UGHHH!! My brain is now having an internal battle with my heart. 

"What's wrong, Jackson?~ Cat got your tongue?~"  one of the guys at the table commented at my loss of words, causing everyone to snicker. I felt myself slowly blushing. 

Occasionally I'd go to some of their basketball practices at the farthest seat just to watch how they work as a team, but most of the time just to observe Kevin and how he plays. Sometimes they'd approach me and...tease me about him. 

I had the feeling they knew I had a thing for Kevin, so it was no wonder why they were like this...they better had not tell him!

"Hey now, guys."  Kevin shake his head disappointingly like a mother scolding her children, and pushed up into his feet from his chair. "I'm sorry about these idiots, let's talk somewhere else..." he grabs my hand, and lead me to the hallway; as we walked out, we heard the team cheering and whistling back inside the cafeteria.

"OOOOHHH~~!!"  

"We did it, miei amici(Italian: my friends)! We raised a man!" 

"Finally! He's gonna get lucky tonight!~" 

"I CAN HEAR THE WEDDING BELLS FROM HERE!!"

"Uhm..." 

"Don't mind them, they're jealous virgins."  Kevin groans once we've reached the lockers, his eyes rolling in annoyance from the loud racket faintly echoing behind. I narrowed my eyes down at him and raised an eyebrow. "And you're not?"  

His eyes popped out and his body grew stiff, a tint blush appeared on his face as he lets go off my hand. I was already missing his warmth of hand. "...A gentleman doesn't kiss and tell, Jack."  he asserts so smoothly.

It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"Anyway, what is it you wanna say?" he asked me again with the same smile he gave me just seconds ago. This time, I refrained from letting my nerves get to me.