Vol. 2: Two

VOL. 2: CHAPTER TWO

     I'd been having the time of the my life

     I'd been having the time of the my life. The music poured through the building with ease, the rhythm so loud that it almost caused my ears actual pain from listening to it for so long. But I didn't care. This was college—and from the looks of it, college was fun.

A girl I'd ran into by the bar, and almost tossed my drink into her face by accident, had taken me under her wing. She showed the ropes around a shot glass and her closely knit group of friends. She also told me not to trust any of the frat members or anyone who offered me a drink.

I agreed, seeing as this wasn't my first rodeo when it came to house parties. But this was much, much different than my partying experience down in Chicago in my small suburban neighborhood.

The girl from before turns to me, two shot glasses in hand. "Here—let's pregame before Aaron gets here with the liquor." She says, referring to her boyfriend and member of the designated fraternity who had gone out for more beer and liquor.

I take the tiny shot glass into my hand, inspecting the feel and smell for a few moments before turning back to Marianne. "Are you sure you should drink this?" I ask in worry, "aren't you driving everyone home tonight?"

Marianne nods, tipping her head back and gulping down the potent drink. "Yeah, but I'll be fine. And if I get too out of hand Aaron can take over."

My eyebrows raise in suspicion at her words, slightly concerned that she seemed so trusting with a guy who she's only been dating for two months. Then, I surprise myself. I'd only met Marianne a few hours ago and seemed to know just about everything there was to her.

It must've been all the alcohol.

I set down my shot glass, watching the dark-haired girl before me frown. "I'm gonna go find something else to drink—thank you, though."

Marianne seems to say a short, more for me, and then takes my glass and pours it down her throat, too. I don't say anything else, making a beeline straight for the kitchen area of the fraternity house, steering clear of anyone's way as I do so.

Once I'm in the kitchen, I glance to my left, lips craning in disgusting while a boy and girl engage in an intense make out session. I avoid eye contact with either of them, as I pour myself a red cup of ice water.

It feels chilly running down my throat, due to all of the shots Marianne was continuously shoving down my throat beforehand. The water is beyond refreshing.

I can still here the lively music coming from a speak somewhere in the living room, but it isn't as erratic and loud in the kitchen area. I'm silently thankful for this, already feeling a migraine making it's way into my head.

Someone else enters the kitchen, so quietly that I hardly hear them. They open the fridge, and pull out a cold beer, using the silver ring on their finger to pop it open. I'd be lying if I said that the quick movement didn't turn me on the slightest bit.