First Day

Marauders ⬆️

A/N: Would you all like to choose the prom dress for Lyra? Comment yes and vote if you want to. 

Lyra was reading the material, making little notes and tuning out the teacher's explanation. Hence, she got called out by the teacher. Bad move. 

"Ms Black if you would enlighten me on what  parenchyma is?" The teacher Mr Banners asked. The entire class turned to look at her. Even Edward, as it gave him another chance to take in her scent. 

Lyra looked up from her book and at the teacher. The class looked at on. "Of course." she said with a smile. 

"Parenchyma is a type of simple tissue present in plants which forms the major component within its organs. They may be of various shapes such as oval, spherical, round, etc. They are made up of cellulose and preforms various functions like photosynthesis and storage." Lyra said with a slightly concentrated look as she spoke on the information she gathered previously. 

"Good to know you're paying attention Miss Black." the teacher said. "Wouldn't have it any other way professor." Lyra replied. 

"It's Mr Banners. But I must admit, professor sounds really good." The teacher said with a slight chuckle and continued on. It was a rare gem to find brilliant and respectful students. 

"My sincere apologies then." Lyra said and had to stop herself from smirking. 

"Can anyone here, except Miss Black tell me the other types of simple plant tissues?" he asked. 

Before others could, Hermione raised her hand with patience. Lyra frowned. The war had changed so many people. 

"Miss Lupin, if you will." Mr Banners said as he gestured for Hermione to continue. "It's Granger-Lupin. And of course. There are two more types of simple tissues called sclerenchyma and collenchyma. They are more complex as compared to....." Lyra zoned off again from the explanation thinking about lost childhoods and stolen memories. 

Class went on a similar manner till the bell rang. Hermione and Lyra moved out to get to the next class, math. 

Signing the slip and introducing themselves, the duo sat down, Hermione in the front and Lyra in the back. Lyra didn't like the idea of being vulnerable from the back as she had lots of experience with stray hexes as well as aimed ones from behind at Hogwarts. 

She didn't realise, she was supposed to sit with another vampire. 

Jasper looked worried when Lyra walked towards him. He usually sat alone and most of the other students stayed away from him. He tried to manipulate the girls emotion but she didn't budge. She had the same look as before, a cold look he usually saw on  someone like Rosalie. He also couldn't feel her emotions. It felt....... diluted?   Was a human even supposed to feel that way? 

He doubled his power focusing solely on the girl and Lyra's eyes were solely focused on him. She gave him a nasty glare as she sat down next to him. Worry bubbled up in Jasper as he took a whiff of breath and instead of the blood lust that usually accompanied him, a calming scent washed over him. This scared him more than his blood lust. 

"Hello." Lyra said in a cool tone, mustering to be as polite as she could be. Jasper looked at her and nodded his head in response. 

Class started and Lyra couldn't concentrate again. Hermione was getting back to normal, answering all the questions and Lyra was too zoned out to know that Jasper was breathing in her scent as much as he could in a single breath and repeating all over again. 

She was currently thinking about how to act around the Edward guy. She was busy in her thoughts when she was nudged from beside her. 

"You're on the wrong page. We're in page number 156." the guy next to her said. His face had a weird look. It wasn't exactly a frown nor was it a neutral. He was handsome and in that moment Lyra knew he was also a vampire. "Thank you. Mr...... I'm sorry I don't know your name." Lyra said. 

"I'm Jasper Hale." he said, a small, tiny smile graced his features before it became stoic again. "Lyra Black. Pleasure to make your acquaintance Mr Hale." She said. 

Neither of them realised, they both found a friend. 

The bell rang all the student got up. Hermione looked behind her, towards the Slytherin girl who was making small talk with the guy beside her. 

The first thing Hermione realised was that the man, he was no teen nor a boy, he certainly didn't look like one, was abnormally pale. So pale that he put Professor Snape, Draco Malfoy and Lyra to shame. She also didn't miss the little details like the man's stiff yet graceful posture and the gold colour of his eyes which gave little hint of the horrors he faced in his life. 

Hermione knew that look well. She had seen it everyday in the mirror, in her friends eyes and all who fought the war. She felt like she was being ridiculous for being so paranoid and scrutinising every part of that guy  but the logical part of her brain told her to seek the answers. Her gut feeling told her that he would pose no trouble but he seemed different. Her mind was searching for an answer and it finally found it. There was no way, that man was a vampire. 

Of all the places, she and Lyra chose a place where there was a bloody vampire! 

In her slight panic, she sent a wave of fear and panic that Jasper turned to look at her. One look and Jasper realised that the emotion was targeted towards him. Lyra also looked at Hermione, which prompted her to look at the calm girl. A simple nod from the Slytherin and Hermione calmed down. 

"Hermione, this is Jasper Hale. Jasper Hale, this is Hermione." Lyra introduced the two. 

"Nice to meet you." Hermione said and gave a small smile. "The pleasure is mine."he replied and suddenly realised that her blood too didn't appeal to her. Her scent reminded him of hot chocolate in an old library during the autumn. The imagery was weird for him. Human food didn't appeal to him but her scent made him feel human. 

This was probably going to be a weird year for him. And that was coming from a vampire who fought in a human war as well as the vampire wars. Weird. How weirdly weird. 

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Well, what'd y'all think? Please vote and comment a yes/no to the question at the top. Lyra's prom dress remember?‼️

🔴You can follow me, as I give an announcement everytime I update a chapter, that way you won't miss  any new updates. 🔴

Thank you to all those who have been bloody patient with me. I appreciate it. Also, stay safe, take your vaccines if you haven't and happy reading. 

Yours mischievously 

Khonota~