𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗋𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗆𝗂𝗋𝗋𝗈𝗋 𝗈𝖿 𝖾𝗋𝗂𝗌𝖾𝖽

" i don't see anyone but me "

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙈𝙞𝙧𝙧𝙤𝙧 𝙤𝙛 𝙀𝙧𝙞𝙨𝙚𝙙 | 𝖳𝖧𝖨𝖱𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

THE LIBRARY WAS pitch-black and very eerie. Y/n lit a lamp to see their way along the rows of books. The lamp looked as if it was floating along in midair. The sight was definitely creepy. The Restricted Section was right at the back of the library. Ron pushed the door open that was separating these books from the rest of the library.

Y/n held up the lamp so they could read the tittles. They didn't help much. Their peeling, faded gold letters spelled words in languages nobody could understand. Some had no title at all. One book had a dark stain on it that looked horribly like blood. Y/n gasped, and the hairs on the back of Harry's neck prickled. The books were heard giving a faint whispering, as though they knew someone was there who shouldn't be.

"Look, there," Harry whispered, pointing at a large black and silver volume book in the distance.

Harry pulled it out with difficulty, because it was very heavy, and, balancing it on his knee, let it fall open. Y/n tried snatching it back up and closing it, but a piercing, bloodcurdling shriek split the silence - the book was screaming. Ron snapped it shut, but the shriek went on and on, one high, unbroken, earsplitting note.

Harry stumbled back, knocked over the lamp, which went out at once. Footsteps were coming down the corridor outside, and they quickly set down the shrieking book back on the shelf.

"I have a plan," said Harry in a hushed whisper.

"Do you?" Y/n questioned, as though she didn't believe it, "Do you really?"

"Yes, now shut up and run for it."

So they did. They passed Filch in the doorway; Filch's pale, wild eyes looked straight through them, and they slipped under Filch's outstretched arm and streaked off up the corridor. Harry came to a sudden halt. Neither of the three remembered where they were heading.

Perhaps because it was dark, they didn't recognize where they were at all. There was a suit of armor near the kitchens, Harry knew, but they must be five floors above there.

"You asked me to come directly to you, Professor, if anyone was wandering around at night, and somebody's been in the library Restricted Section."

Filch must know a shortcut, because his soft, greasy voice was getting nearer, and to his horror, it was Snape who replied, "The Restricted Section? Well, they can't be far, we'll catch them."