𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖻𝗂𝖽𝖽𝖾𝗇 𝖿𝗈𝗋𝖾𝗌𝗍

" then we'll know who to sacrifice first "

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙗𝙞𝙙𝙙𝙚𝙣 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩 | 𝖲𝖤𝖵𝖤𝖭𝖳𝖤𝖤𝖭─── ・ 。゚☆: *

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

MALFOY DIDN'T move or speak. He simply looked at Hagrid furiously, but then dropped his gaze. Harry was satisfied with this.

"Right then," said Hagrid, "now, listen carefully, 'cause it's dangerous what we're gonna do tonight, an' I don' want no one takin' risks. Follow me over here a moment."

The group followed him down to the very end and edge of the forest. Hagrid, holding the lit lamp up high, pointed down a narrowed, winding earth track that disappeared into the thick black trees. A light breeze lifted their hair as they looked into the forest.

"Look there," said Hagrid, "see that stuff shinin' on the ground? Silvery stuff? That's unicorn blood. There's a unicorn in there bin hurt badly by summat. This is the second time in a week. I found one dead last Wednesday. We're gonna try an' find the poor thing. We might have ter put it out of its misery."

"And what if whatever hurt the unicorn finds us first?" said Malfoy, unable to keep the fear out of his voice.

"Then, we'll know who to sacrifice first," said Y/n, giving Malfoy a sarcastic smile.

"No, there's nothin' that lives in the forest that'll hurt yeh if yer with me or Fang," said Hagrid. "An' keep ter the path. Right, now, we're gonna split inter two parties an' follow the trail in diff'rent directions. There's blood all over the place, it must've bin staggerin' around since last night at least."

"I want Fang," said Malfoy quickly, looking at Fang's long teeth.

"All right, but I warn yeh, he's a coward," said Hagrid. "So me, Harry, Y/n, an' Hermione'll go one way an' Draco, Neville, an' Fang'll go the other. Now, if any of us finds the unicorn, we'll send up green sparks, right? Get yer wands out an' practice now - that's it - an' if anyone gets in trouble, send up red sparks, an' we'll all come an' find yeh - so, be careful - let's go."

The forest was practically black, only being illuminated by the faint blue light of the moon, which made the silence even more creepier.

A little way into it they reached a fork in the earth path, and Harry, Y/n, Hermione, and Hagrid took the left path while Malfoy, Neville, and Fang took the right.

They walked slowly and silently, keeping an eye out for any hurt unicorn on the ground. Every now and then a ray of moonlight through the branches above lit a spot of silver-blue blood on the fallen leaves.