𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗈𝗇𝖾: 𝗍𝗁𝖾 𝗅𝗎𝖼𝗄𝗒 𝗈𝗇𝖾

"to the lucky one — y/n sinclair"

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝙊𝙣𝙚 | 𝖮𝖭𝖤─── ・ 。゚☆: *

𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙇𝙪𝙘𝙠𝙮 𝙊𝙣𝙚 | 𝖮𝖭𝖤
─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

A KNOCK STRUCK THE woman's door in the last, dark night of October. The man held the crying girl close to his chest, raising his wand as if he was protecting her from an unknown harm. He knocked again — and again, until he heard thumps of footsteps running down the stairs.

Frantically, he looked around the streets with only the moon's light illuminating the colorful houses below. Bonita Street had never seen anything like this unusual, strange man, who had scars across his face, light-grey eyes, and a large, old-fashioned coat. Just a week before, a young woman had moved into the neighborhood, seemingly coming from out of nowhere.

Behind the closed door, the woman was rushing nervously, as she put on a robe to cover her silky nightgown, snatching her wand from her right pocket.

Once she hastily opened the door, the man pointed his wand at her neck, making her back away a few steps into her home and drop her wand on the wooden floor.

He saw a reckless attempt to unpack the cardboard boxes in the living room with items of the woman, thrown on the floor. Closing the door behind him, he backed her up against a wall.

"Remus?" she spoke, slowly making her way towards the small, one year-old, baby in his arms. Her eyes started to water. "Is this her?"

"Keep your distance, Beth," he demanded; he had almost let his guard down. "It happened —" her face fell into a frown, suddenly having the urge to scream, but she couldn't, not now, "— and I don't know who I can trust, but — I trust Dumbledore, and I know Athena trusted you."

"No," she shook her head. Her black-hair moving among her movements. "No, no, no — this hasn't, it mustn't be real. Were you there? Did you see —?"

"He left them to die," he said at once. He too, started to cry. "I saw her dead body, just laying there. Y/n was crying — she was hurting, I don't know what Voldemort did to her, or if Sirius did something, I swear I'll find him —"

"Don't be stupid," said Beth. There was a moment of silence, both trying to find the right words to say. " . . I hadn't spoken to her since Belleza passed . . I never got to meet my niece either . ." She reached out to touch her, but the man pulled away reluctantly.

"You ought to tell me, Beth," said Remus in a serious tone. "What happened — after you left? Why were they killed?"

"I — I ran," she admitted. "Neither Mom or Dad wanted to sell Athena and my niece out to You-Know-Who. They were scared for their own safety — hid in Europe for a while, but eventually, he had them killed off anyways. Atlas and I, we left . . Evan Rosier followed us . ."

"That's when it happened, didn't it? Atlas Rivers was murdered?"

"Yes . ." she sighed, choking between breath. "It's been a week since then. I told my auntie to get me any muggle house — anywhere, I didn't care. She had some arrangements done with the Minister of Britain."

She ran her hands through her hair desperately. "Please, just let me . ." she begged, falling to the floor on her knees.

Pity over took him, he bent down to her level, bringing the child down with him. Beth unwrapped the blanket that was hiding the girl's face; she was very petite and small.

She smiled, taking in the sight of her sister's descendant. "She has Athena's eyes, she does . . You said her name was Y/n?"

"Y/n Altair — she took the last name of Sinclair," Remus let out a chuckle. "Y/n is an exact replica of her mother . . "

"Remus," she said, caressing Y/n's skin, "what's going to happen to her? You can't leave her with that god-awful woman . ."

"No," he stated clearly. "Dumbledore gave me special orders. She shall live with you . . he says, you owe it to Athena after all."

"Okay," she nodded without a doubt.

She coddled Y/n in her arms, keeping her warm from the cold weather outside the walls of her home. 

"I know - I know that you loved her," said Beth suddenly. Remus looked up to face her. "She loved you too . . she told me many times."

He was speechless; couldn't speak nor move. "I - er - I'll stay here," he picked up his posture, wiping his tears. "I'll keep guard. Tomorrow, the Aurors will come with Athena's belongings and such. Dumbledore has taken care of your case, but I don't expect people to be happy about this . . Everyone will know about Y/n Sinclair . . and Harry Potter."

"The Potters, too?" breathed Beth. "He survived?" Somehow the two spoke with so few words, already knowing what they were referring to without giving too much detail. "It's a miracle, honestly . . ."

"Also illogical," said Remus. "If Voldemort disappeared, who knows when he'll come back to finish what he started. I can only assume that if Y/n posed a threat to him, so did Harry."

Beth looked down at her niece.

"There's some things that Y/n can't find out about

"There's some things that Y/n can't find out about . . " he continued, "on Dumbledore's orders . ."

"Including you?"

"Including me."

Y/n's small finger wrapped around Beth's, as her crying had fallen to a peaceful slumber. She had no idea what the cost of her survival would come out to be, nor that she was bound to meet her father again. She couldn't know that at this very moment, Harry Potter was in the hands of nasty people, but that overall, people were meeting in secret all over the country, holding up their glasses and saying in hushed voices: "To the lucky one — Y/n Sinclair — and the boy who lived, Harry Potter."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

for those of you who have read the book before it was removed; yes, im giving out more hints about y/n's past, hehe . . also let's be real, remus would have definitely said "life is unfair, kill your self or get over it." . . like ik y'all seen that tik tok.

song: mojo pin - jeff buckley

word count: 1,000