Chapter 5

Harlow awoke the next morning with a startle. His head pounding. He slowly climbed out of bed and changed all before going down stairs to join Shura and Jade for breakfast.

"Harlow are you ok?" Shura asked

"Hmm?"

Shura rolled her eyes as she brought the mug of hot chocolate to her mouth.

"I had a vision" Harlow breathed.

"What about"

"About the oath being broken"

"Harlow i'm sure the castle will figure it out"

"No Shura. Fire. Screaming"

"Oh come on that won't-" Jade interfered before being cut off by screaming.

Harlow had that look of concern on his face.

Shura turn her slim body around and looked over to where the screen potentially could of came from 

"You alright over there" the girl shouted to a corner of the Heartstrings inn.

There was nobody sitting in that corner however. Not a soul in sight. In fact there were nobody sitting in the pub at

Shura jumped up with a gasp. Cautiously the girl looked around searching mercilessly for any sign of what could be happening. 

It was just a plain room. No details. Just an enclosed room with a bed and a door. (Which was locked. Not to Shura's suprise)

Shura felt weak. Vulnerable as the memories of her past strike her. Her and her mother were both abused by her father. Until the age of 12 she had leared it was part of her daily routine however after her 13th birthday the girls life changed.

Having growing up in Mewtris peek majority of her life made it no better. The place was rough as it was filled with hopeless drunks who regret what life threw at them.

Shura glanced at the door eying if anyone walked by. Talking the sheet of blanket with her for warmth Shura moved closer to it. Holding the knob that open and closes the door.

"Jade where's Shura" Harlow called.

"I don't know i haven't seen her since this morning."

Harlow grew frantic. That frantic soon grew to worry. He let her out of his sight. Jade glanced at Harlow with worry.

"Stay here Harlow I'm going to get somethings from the market just while its quiet "

Harlow looked up with more worry then before. Though this didn't stop the girl from leaving. Soon silence filled the air leaving nothing but Harlow's heavy breath growing cold.

"Good morrow young gents how can i pleasure thee" Mr Ash politely spoke to the gaurds standing in front of the counter.

"Were looking for mr Harlow blood sir" one of the two gaurds said.

Jeremy Ash looked up in concern. This was the first time he had been concerned. He could never had children of his own so it was a delight for him when the poor boy showed up.

"How come?" He hissed.

"Just tell us where the god dam boy is" the taller stronger looking guard yelled.

"Very well he should be upstairs room 43" Mr Ash frowned. An overcome of betrayal struck him.

"Smash 'is head in" the shorter guard spoke harshly.

The stronger soldier managed to climb over the counter without Jeremy noticing.  A tight grip around his neck startled him. However the grip wasn't tight enough to let him get a glimpse of the floor below. He was know around 3 feet within the air.

He was running out of time. His last few gasped were quickly gone by a loud bang off the counter.

Loud bangs stormed up as Harlow's quiet sorrow turned into quick fear.

He silently moved his body closer to the door. Holding the knob that open and closes the door.

Fixing the crooked number four that hung mournfully upon the door.

"Your coming with with us" Harlow heared with a grip behind him.

Continuing glancing around the corridor Shura knew she wasn't safe.

Loud echoed footsteps was brought to her attention. If it was a guard maybe just maybe they would hold a weapon.

She slowly walked towards the corner to peep what was there. Her feeling about obtaining a wepon were correct.

"Could i potentially get a sneak attack on them" she quietly hummed to herself.  Even without a weapon Shura's strength could easily knock someone out for a couple hours. However being a girl could be her advantage.

She crepted slowly behind the weapon holder.

"Sorry for the inconvenience" the girl spoke loudly before throwing a punch.

After picking up the bow and arrows Shura looked around searching for a way out.

"Hey are you looking for an escape" came a voice.

Shura turned to see a guy standing behind her. She started to breathe heavily as the figure was directly behind her.

"Yes indeed. I would happily appreciate if you took two steps back"

"Have it your way" the guy spoke walking backwards.

Shura turned to face the man. He towered over Shura being a least 6"5.

"Who are you"

There was no response before he turned and paced off dragging Shura with him. Before standing towards the exit a troop of guards surrounded Shura and this mysterious man.

"Sorry for any intrusion" someone sparked. It was a female vocie this time.

After a quick blink sparks of fire began to spread rapidly.  The thick smog caused by the fire began to clog the poor girls chest as she sprinted.

Jade looked around the stalls making sure nothing gets past her keen eye.

"Were going to need some rope. Ooh anti-repelants handy"

A howl of screams filled the mumbling sound of the market.  First the North. Then a streak from the south.

Jade search around looking for the source of the screm. No sign.

Shura continued to sprinted down the path towards the Heartstrings inn. Her shocked to seeing Mr Ash dead corpse laying behind the counter. Tears starting to build up in her eyes as she glanced at his body.

This didn't stop Shura going upstairs to check Harlow's room. Heavy gasps overwhelmed her as she found the number 43's door was unlocked without a trace of anyone to be there.

"Jade" Shura breathed meeting the other girl.

After Jade managed to soothe Shura the girl explained the situation.

"They have Harlow"

"I'm sorry what"

"Their going to kill him"

Jade covered her mouth in shock, tears weldingin her diamond blue eyes.
"They can't do that"

"They will if we don't hury."

Pulling Jade's arm Shura ran towards the castle that made the town look like it was in an endless cloud of sorrow.

Looking around Shura listened out if she could here her closest friend call. No sound came. Jade soon managed to catch up to Shura.

"Girl you've got speed" Jade breathed.

"Shh this way."