Chapter 7

Imagine a mild mid evening in Becoda. Or Sema for that matter. Clouds turned to a faint red which can be confused for pink.  The amethyst sky turned into a dark blue. Slow bushey waves rippled along the sand.

'Hey Harlow i have to tell you something" Shura spoke walking up to Harlow.

The boy was placed by the edge of a small cliff peering down on the azure crystal sea. Upon hearing his name he looked back towards the girl with relief.

"Yeah".

"I love you" she said helpless before turning away.

Could he believe what he just heard. Probably not however the overwhelming joy seemed to hit him. It hit him like a massive bolder.

Before he started to daydream Jade called him in to discuss in a so called "co-operative meeting".

"The dark mage society. They are ruthless witches and wizards who bring hell upon people" Shura began.

"We know who they are".

"Aren't they supposed to be banned from practicing?" Jade asked with a tremble.

"Yes and no. You see these people are the magical aspect of the Chestlocks" Shura replied.

Despite his comment, Harlow who was sitting confused on the other side of the bored.

"If we don't hury and collect enough data and calm the dragon well. We're gonners" Shura frowned.

"Good reassurance Shura" Jade sarcastically said, "I don't want to lose my head"

"We're not going to lose our heads. Please. We will think of something.  Quickly i hope too"Shura spoke.

"She's right Jade" Harlow breathed now holding Shura waist," don't forget they'll be after me first.

Jade looked confused while Shura stood awkwardly.

"If we head out now we should be close to the Oaklands by evening" Shura announced looking at the ships docking upon the docks.

It was early afternoon when her statement was made. It was true going north west wasn't a problem If you had the right tactics.

"It scares him"

"If we change this by proving we can do this we can change the world" Shura replied.

Jade looked across the grassy paradise making sure it was clear.

Loud roars deafened the surroundings. Birds squaked off in there flocks. Stampees of Sema's people, large animals such as the pollers and flockets.

"Hey can i rent a horse?" Harlow questions .

"Why to kill the t'ing off" the owner harshly replied.

"Please dear sir we would benefit from tou renting a and besides if you do not let us rent a horse you and your "precious" horses will be killed!" Shouted Shura.

Looking hysterically and fiercely the horse owner laughed like a giant.

"Whats a silly young girl like you going to do" roared this owner.

Magically Shura summoned some sort of diamond coloured wepon which started the horse owner.

Reluctantly the owner gave them the horse. Looking rather disappointed. 

"I hate to admit that the wepon is one of the options to threaten"

"Yeah no stitch"

Harlow abuctedly made his eyes roll over there bicker trying not to get involved.

Loud roars toppled upon the mountain. Deafening the civilians of Becoda.

"What was that?" Shura jumped.

"Thats Ventura Ember. The Dragon's scroll we need to fix" Harlow breathed.

Unlike normal Harlow's voice was more heavy.  As if someone had shattered his heart.

Harlow glanced around the frigid beat-up land. Listening almost like a tiger looking for its prey.

Heard screams from outside before hearing a huge roar echoing across des.
The boy rushed to the window seeing the huge dragon in his entire life.

"Harlow get over here immediately!" said Jade yelling.

Harlow ran getting a look at the same distance as Jade.

Jaw-dropped the two men stared at the huge purple dragon which turned things to nature's gift.  Harlow looked around seeing so much greenery.  Wondering if there's anything to be done and seeing if he should take matters into his own hands or should he let them slip and the village destroyed.

"Shura if we die within these weeks. Just so you know I love you".

"Yeah, i bet cause i was just about to say the same thing".

The two glanced with a quick smile. What was going to happen within those three weeks was hard to tell. Who knows if they would live to tell the tale.

Storm clouds emerged from the west of the country making this side given the Sema term "Dark side". Or "Daka Bo" to the Western people.  The east side or the "light side" ("lake Bo") . The mystery behind these words are unknown but still used among the people.

Headed to wards the mountains held birdberry forest. Urban legends have been held about it.

"Birdberry forest. Yikes" Harlow breathed.

"Whats the chance of making it out alive?"asked Jade.

"We don't know?"

As they travelled through soft grunts of a boy grew.

"Hey you hear that?"asked Harlow.

"Hear? Do you mean see?" Shura replied. She then revealed the figure of a boy roughly 5"6 feet and the body shape of a beginning sports player.

"Hey are you ok jolie?" Jade asked.

There was little to no response from him showing that his time was little.

Harlow walked over and glanced down at the boy. Luckily the boy lay next to the small creak which Harlow saw as a positive.