Chapter 6

"Shura Jade!" Harlow called grunting.

Shura grinned in joy and enthusiasm. She skiped closer to wards Harlow but was quickly by noticing two gaurds gripping Harlow's small arms.

"Harlow had nothing to do with it" Shura blurted before the gaurds made a single inch of movement.

The two guards looked in confusion.

"Whys should we listen to some silly niave girl. Want to save poor old lover boy" one of the gaurds bellowed.

"We will find who did it and calm the dragon down" Jade blurted.

It was clear she didn't know what she was saying. As Shura gave Jade a side eye. Which was consider an insult depending on the person.

"Fine all three of you have 3 weeks to track down the crime doer and calm the current situation. If you fail well i think you know the consequence. Release him" Tiben spoke emerged among the shadows.

Maybe Tiben wasn't such a jerk after all.

The gaurds gave each other a look of concern before dropping the boy. His arms ached due to lack of blood circulation.

"Thank you thank you so much" Harlow breathed.

Shura walked over to Harlow. Slowly of course.  One wrong move could easily give them less time. Or even worse thier lives could be drained out off them.

Walking out the castle grounds the sky had orange rays (which were directed by the sun) that faded it to the light blue sky of autumn.

"Shura careful my arm still hurts" Harlow complained. He didn't do this in a rude way as he didn't want to upset Shura. After she did just save him.

"Jade you run ahead"

The girl looked at the two before turning and continuing down the pavement towards the village.

"Shura i" Harlow began before having a finger placed over his mouth.

"Save it. Its the least i've could of done. I couldn't risk losing you." The girl spoke softly before bringing Harlow into a hug.

It was awkward at first but the boy gotten use to the fact he now had friends.  People who treated him like a brother.  Although Mr Ash wasn't around from the inn incident but he finally had someone to take care of him. That was all he needed.

The two travelled down the path trying to catch up with Jade. This time hands enlocked.

They managed to catch up with Jade (just about) and they headed towards the Inn.

"What happened" Harlow teared as he noticed a blood stain that dyed the counter.

"He's gone Harlow. Before you were taken to the castle they killed Mr Ash"

Shura sadly looked up at Harlow.  Jade had some remorse in her.

"Dragonheart's breath anyone?" Harlow grinned.

"Count me in."

"Me two"
Harlow smiled as he went behind the bar and prepared the drinks he had offered.

Shura was first to grasp a drink. Harlow carefully observed her face.

"You have freckles" Harlow complemented

"No i don't" the girl replied confused.

This made the room go silent.  Words seem to echo as small conversations around the room as they went through the three teens minds. It was like they were never welcomed there. The time was now midday in Sema and the rising temperature didn't help create a plan to save this years dragon festival (and maybe festival in years to come)

Harlow kept glancing at Shura with a keen eye (which she quickly caught her guard)

"What?"

"Has any told you how adorable you are?"

Shura made a small grunt of uninterest making herself clear that her thought process was uneasy. She looked away and as the bookshelf caught her eye.

A certain book however Shura's eyes couldn't seem to leave. She left her seat and hovered towards the book.

"Book of sorcerers" it was named. As the girl reached out to grasp it. The book seemed to be nailed down. To make things worse some idiot tried to tape the book down with trime tape.

"Hey Harlow" Shura called over,"i need this book but some idiot taped and nailed it down."

"Which book?"

"The one with the other word for wizard"

"The book of sorcerers" he whispered," come back over her Shura. I'll explain"

Shura looked over to the table. Then around the pub. It was isolated. Everyone seemed to leave exept for Jade Shura and Harlow making their hush voice sound like an normal conversation.