Part 4

I went into one of the upstairs rooms to see if that would calm down the shaking but it didn't. I searched through a lot of the cabinets in that room until I finally found a bottle of alcohol which I didn't even know what it was. Just as I was about to open it, the phone rang and I went to answer it knowing it would be the professor.

"What happened?" He panted.

"Rio got skimmed by a bullet so I was forced to improvise." I responded.

"Improvise? Do you know what you've just done?" He spoke angrily.

"Don't give me that bull shit!" I angrily spoke back. "Would you have rather me done nothing and let them both get shot?"

"There's always another way."

"Don't you think that if there was another way other than to trigger my PTSD again I would've done it?"

He went silent for a minute.

"How bad is it this time?" He questioned.

I looked down at my hand that was bearly able to hold the bottle.

"Bad." I told him.

"We can ask for some medication as a hostage request. Just for now don't hurt anyone else."

He hung up. I sighed and went downstairs with the bottle. They were all talking about me in one of the main offices and then turned to see me.

"Did you not hear the rules?" Denver asked angrily and walked over to me.

"Would it have been better if Tokyo and Rio were left there helpless?" I snapped back. He stared at me angrily but I ignored him and walked past.

I sat down on the table and tried to control my hands shaking but it wasn't really working. The drinking seemed to be helping though so I kept doing it.

"We need to focus on the next part of the plan." I told them.

"They're starting to take the injured cops away." Berlin peered through the window.

The rings on my hands clinking on the glass bottle from my shaking made it obvious that I was. I think Berlin was the first to notice which is the last thing I wanted, I absolutely hated being fussed over.

"The professor will tell us when the time is right to do it and we can relax for now." Moscow spoke calmly. Denver slammed the table with his hands angrily.

"We can't can we because this bitch fucked it up for us!" Denver screamed at me. I took my gun out and pointed it at him seeing that he didn't have his on him. He went silent.

"Call me a bitch again." I told him, glaring right at him.

Berlin started to walk towards me again but not with any attempt to stop me. He was happy with what I was doing, I could tell from the smirk on his face.

"Scream at me again, I'll be doing much more than pointing a gun at you."

I slowly put the gun to my side and Denver looked really pissed at me. I walked out of the room.

The hostages were all sat on the floor with their masks on. Just as I was about to say something, Berlin gently grabbed my arm and turned me to face him.

"What's with the shaking?" He almost whispered.

"I'll talk later." I replied. "Hostages, take off your masks."

They all looked very confused and none of them were off yet.

"Did you not hear her? Take off your masks!" Berlin said loudly. I loved how protective he is over me.

They all started to take them off slowly and I could see all their faces. Most of them looked really scared.

"We're going to get you some clothing like ours so you're more comfortable. Sleeping bags and water will also be handed out to you." I told them.

Eventually, they all came out of the room and started helping me and Berlin hand out everything to the hostages.

We also started to hand out the same masks as we were wearing to them, it was crucial for the next part of the plan.

I needed a drink after that so I went into the main office that had a coffee machine in it and started to make myself one.

It started to get dark quite quickly and I sat on a chair by the window stirring the coffee around with a wooden stick.

Helicopter lights kept shining through the blinds and I could hear chaos out there. As I peered, there were police tents being set up, armed police pointing guns at all entrances of the building and news reporters at the back being held back with police tape.

It was nice seeing all that we caused. It made me feel important and like this was going to be fun.

As I found myself smirking at my thoughts, Denver walked through the door. He looked agitated and walked quickly over to me looking down and rubbing his face.

"Look I'm sorry for getting angry at you." He told me. I sipped some of my coffee and looked at him. "But I have to ask something."

He sat down on one of the chairs and brought it closer to mine.

"Why did the professor pick you and Berlin to be in charge of this heist. No offence or anything but I don't see why he would've picked you." He explained. I knew the answer straight away, but I wasn't about to share it.

"The professor knows how to pick his people. Don't underestimate either of us." I replied vaguely. I could tell he wasn't satisfied with my answer though.

"I still don't get it."

I sighed and leaned forward, putting my elbows on my knees.

"Me and Berlin have been friends with the professor before any of you met him."

"I have a very strong feeling that there's something going on with you 3 that no one else is aware of." He spoke.

"That's not your concern." Berlin said from the door. I smiled lightly at him. "The professor picked us because of our people skills, he knows us well."

Denver looked a bit angry and then just got up and left. Berlin chuckled and closed the door behind him.

"Are you going to tell me what's wrong with you?" He questioned.

"What do you mean I'm fine." I scoffed and stood up, facing the window hoping he wouldn't ask any more questions.

He grabbed my hand gently and pulled it towards him.

"It's come back." I sighed.

"What has?"

"The PTSD."

He looked up concerned at me.

"What triggered it this time?" He asked.

"The glass smashing on the police car." I responded. He wrapped his arms around me.

"What else can make it happen?"

"Glass being held to my neck." I told him. "I remember the first time he did that to me."

"Just remember that now, he's dead. You're safe with me now. I know how bad he hurt you and I'm sorry I ever doubted that, I will never do that again."

I nodded and let go. He looked at me softly and then the phone rang. I went to answer it.

"Sydney, they're coming." The professor panted.