Part 13

I needed to take my bandages off so I could change them, they were all covered in blood.

I threw the ones I had on in the bin and quickly left the office as I needed them to stop the bleeding.

Just as I was ready to run up the stairs, I heard a gun cock behind me. I was stopped in my tracks and turned around. It was Arturo pointing a gun at me.

"Are you stupid Arturo? Are you really holding a fake gun at me?" I scoffed.

"Are you doubting if this is real?" He asked. I started to get a bit concerned right around this point, and then it turned to panic as he shot the roof. It was real.

"You mother fucker." I glared at him.

"We managed to steal your gun while you were still asleep." He informed me. The other hostages came out into the main hall and I watched them all.

"What are you going to do then Arturo? Shoot me?" I asked him.

"Nope." He chuckled.

I felt blood dripping from my wrists and started to feel faint again.

"Turn around." He told me sternly.

I hesitated for a moment but then reluctantly turned around. He grabbed my neck from behind and held the gun to the side of my head.

"What is your plan then Arturo?" I groaned trying to get free, it wasn't working. I was too weak from the blood I was loosing.

"We're going to get you out of this building and then shoot the others while they're not expecting it." He told me. I started to panic, and I couldn't think of anything to do.

He started to walk closer to the front entrance meaning I was dragged with him.

"Push the button." He told one of the hostages. That button would open the doors straight away.

They didn't hesitate.

The beeping noise that to door did whenever it opened went off and it was loud enough to go around the whole building. I hoped one of them would've heard it, but it was too late.

Before anyone could stop him, he had chucked me out to the top of the steps that led to the building and the doors were already closing behind me.

The sun stung my eyes and I tried to cover them. Police heavily armed with massive guns came walking towards me with them all pointing at me.

I got down on one knee and put my hands up, panting. Even though I was panicked, I tried not to show it and stay calm.

More and more blood was gushing out of my wrists and down my arms. It really hurt and I knew deep down that if I didn't get medical attention soon, I would bleed to death.

I tried to think. I didn't know what to do.

The police picked me up and brought me down the steps and then suddenly dropped me on the floor and pointed their guns at me again.

"Take your jumpsuit off!" They shouted.

I panted for a moment.

"Take it off." They shouted again.

I started to stand up shakily and unzip my jumpsuit down, pulling it off my feet leaving me in my crop top and pants which I felt really uncomfortable in.

"Lift up your t shirt!" One of them shouted.

"For fuck sake." I mumbled and lifted up my t shirt which I had a bra on underneath.

I kneeled down on the floor again with my hands either side of my head as now I had a plan.

They started to move closer to me and this was now my only opportunity.

One of the guns was nearly touching me, blood poured out of my wrist and down my arm.

"She's injured we need an ambulance!" I heard someone yell.

Before I could think of anything else, I grabbed the gun and then elbowed the police officer in the chest. I then kicked another one out of the way and punched someone else. That hurt so bad.

I started to run, knowing that I was dying.

I heard someone scream my name from inside the building and turned around, Berlin was looking out of the main office window with tears all down his cheeks, the same with mine.

Before I knew it, I had dropped to the floor. Blood everywhere.

My eyes closed and I knew in that moment, it would be my last.

Flashback 18 years ago:

I giggled and jumped off the sofa, falling onto the floor and laying on my back.

"What are you doing? Get up!" Andres told me.

I was 6, Andres was 16 and Sergio was 13.

"But I feel so free." I replied.

Present:

"But I feel so free."