Part 5

I started to load the gun up while Berlin got our masks and then went to tell the others. They all got the hostages ready while I was still in the room.

Just as I was about to walk out, I stopped for a moment. Berlin was right, he was dead, he was gone. For now, I had nothing to fear. I just had to focus on getting out of here alive which is something I actually wanted now.

I walked out of the room to where Helsinki was directing the hostages down the one of the bottom entrances to the building.

The professor had hacked into police radios and several cameras inside and outside the building. He could see that the police were getting ready to enter through the entrance we were now going to. The police might have thought that they could win this, but we were so much more prepared for this then they could ever have imagined.

Rio took Allison Parker up to one of the rooms. We needed her to phone the police and tell them that all hostages were covered with masks and fake guns, so it would be impossible to know who the police would be shooting at.

Everyone hid behind the metal by the entrance we had sealed off. I had my mask on the top of my head, as did everyone else. Berlin looked at me and gave me a nod of encouragement. He always did that. Then we heard the drill and got ready.

The police's plan was to insert a camera through the hole they had just made with the drill so they could asses the situation in here before entering. Everyone started to get into positions.

Helsinki was at the front where the machine gun was that was at the moment covered with a table cloth. The rest of us stood behind with our guns pointing at where the hole was. Hostages were among us doing the same but with fake guns. We all had our masks over our faces.

We all saw the camera go through. Helsinki ripped the cloth off to reveal the machine gun that was pointing directly at the hole.

At the same time, Allison was upstairs on the phone with the police telling them not to come in because hostages would get hurt. Rio would have been pointing a gun at her to make sure she said the right thing.

The camera stayed there for a few seconds longer, and then it came out and the police retreated.

I sighed and took my mask off. Everyone was really happy around me, and I couldn't help but be too. They would leave us alone for now. We had made it through the first night.

We all went back up pleased with ourselves. Denver went for a smoke somewhere else and Nairobi started to settle the hostages so they could sleep.

Everyone else went into the main office and sat at the table. They were talking amongst themselves but I just didn't really feel like talking, nor was I listening to be fair.

I didn't know about Tokyo, she was confusing me. I felt like myself around her but I was sure that she and Rio had something going on together, it was really obvious.

I wouldn't cheat anyway but I'm too unstable to have to deal with all the drama that would erupt after that and especially being stuck in here wouldn't help tensions or make me feel any better.

I perked up when Nairobi walked into the room and put her gun on the table before sitting opposite me.

"What are you guys talking about?" She asked.

"What our parents would say about this." Oslo chuckled. Nairobi scoffed.

"What about you then Sydney?" She asked me. My eyes widened a bit and I briefly looked at Berlin but didn't want to make it obvious as now all the attention had come to me.

"Both my parents are dead." I told them. It went silent for a moment.

"How?" Moscow questioned. I again looked at Berlin who didn't know what to do either.

"My mum died of an incurable illness and my dad was murdered." I responded. Eyes widened around me.

"Your dad was murdered?" Denver asked. I stood up uncomfortably.

"We shouldn't say too much about each other." I spoke. "Professor's rules."

I chuckled and walked away. Speaking about my mother only brought me sadness, as I knew I would have to do the same soon.

Flashback 10 years ago:

"Mama please, don't leave me." I sobbed.

I was holding onto her weak hand and sat on the chair next to the hospital bed, alone.

It was a dark room with only the noise of the heart monitor next to the bed beeping.

"Don't let him get away with this." She told me weakly. "You're the strongest person I know. Do it for us."

I knew exactly who she was talking about. He did the same to her.

"I love you mama." I cried.

"I love you too baby."

The monitor held its beep this time and her hand lost all its strength.

I cried harder, my head dropping down and holding her cold hand to my forehead.

Present time:

That was the first night I got some decent sleep. I think it was the peace by being by myself, sleeping on the sofa in one of the upstairs offices.

I woke up seeing Tokyo sat on the table and drinking some water. She looked at me as I sat up. The sun was just rising outside and peering through the blinds in the room.

"Do you like me?" She asked swinging her legs.

"Isn't it obvious?" I replied. She stood up.

"I'm with Rio." She told me. I sighed.

"Yeah well no shit." I snapped at her. She walked over and sat on the sofa next to me.

"I do like you, a lot. I just don't want to do that to Rio and-

I kissed her gently and then pulled away. She looked a bit shocked.

"Choose wisely." I whispered in her ear and then walked out of the room.