1

Dear Diary,

"I can't. I'm sorry. I think we should call it quits."

You said walking out of the room not even looking at me and I clutched the necklace I bought for you yesterday. But never got a chance to give.

You didn't even stutter nor hesitate.

"We're over."

I repeated, hot tears rolling down my face.

--11: 30 p.m.

****

Dear Diary,

The school knows about our break up. They say you dumped me because you love Jimin. Is that true? It has just been few months since he got here and we've been together for around a year.

I heard him call you 'Kookie' I thought I was the only one to call you that.

Maybe not?

--11:19 p.m.

***
Dear Diary,

It's been 25 days, Jungkook. And I still cry at night. But you wouldn't know.

Why did you switch your dorm with Yoongi? You wanted to be with Jimin?

I think Yoongi hates me now. I always cry and look depressed. Heavy grey bags under my red eyes. He sees all. And I can't help but cry even more when I see the disgust in his cold eyes. I feel alone.

You made me feel alone.

Right now he's asleep. His pale skin glows under moonlight. He looks beautiful, Kookie. But not beautiful like you.

--3:09 a.m.

****
Dear Diary,

Today, at school, Yoongi introduced me to his friends. They said Jimin hasn't been hanging out with them lately.

Why would he? He has a great companion now. I never needed anyone, any friends when I was with you. I think it's same with Jimin.

Jin hyung is really beautiful and handsome and he knows that. Hoseok hyung is the incharge of lightening up the room. Namjoon hyung is really good to talk to, he makes one realize how special one is and what importance one has. Yoongi hyung? He is cold and quiet person, though he is very good observer, he really reads people's mind.

I think I have made great friends. But still. I miss you.

--10:43 p.m.

***
Dear Diary,

It's been weeks since you and Jimin started dating, that's what everyone at the school says. It hurts alot. You just glance at me sometimes in class and everytime we lock gazes, my breath hitches. Back then you used to stare and I use to get shy. But now, you don't even look at me, and it hurts.

You and Jimin look happy together. He calls you names that I used to call. Names that you promised were only for me to call. You lied.

--12:56 a.m.

****
Dear Diary,

You know what? I smiled--Grinned, and you weren't the reason this time. It still hurts though.

Yoongi hyung is actually a very soft guy. He flicks my head, cracks jokes, is savage, and he is a very good rapper. He has a gummy smile. I saw that when he rapped in our dorm and I clapped grinning widely and that's when he smiled. I saw his smile first time, Kookie. He looked like a completely different person.

I blurted out that he should smile often and he chuckled in his deep voice and asked me to do the same.

I think we can be good friends.

--2:07 a.m.

_______*******_______

hello hello!
i know i am a day late but HAPPY PRIDE MONTH to ya'll! please feel free to consider this angsty short story as a greeting from me. 🏳️‍🌈🏳️‍🌈

i'll be editing and rewriting it, so the plot might be a little different, as well as the ending.

please make sure to leave your comments so i can read and reply to them and do colour the star down there with your love and support.

bora hae💜💜

-aura